West Bottoms Architectural Salvage

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

West Bottoms Architectural Salvage

Post by beautyfromashes »

I know someone posted on here that there is a new architectural salvage place in the West Bottoms but I couldn't remember the name or where it is.  Has anyone been there, know the name of it, or approximate location?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: West Bottoms Architectural Salvage

Post by DaveKCMO »

the foundation, 1221 union
artistboy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by artistboy »

INGREDIENTS: COFFEE, BEER, AND ILL WILL.
Mfd. by KCMO © 1975
peterbillionaire
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by peterbillionaire »

I was there Friday night and I highly recommend a visit. They have some major architectural fragments: terra cotta, stone, metal and wood. There is a 12-foot electric Town Topic sign painted on both sides. They have a large inventory of old porcelain sinks in the basement, for both commercial and residential. You want a commercial urinal from the 1950's? -- they got it. They also have many old doors and lots of old wood trim -- baseboards, cornice molding, window & door trim, etc. They have chandeliers and sconces. They have made a huge effort, but I question if they can make it pay. That stuff costs a lot of time and effort to gather, and Kansas City doesn't have a lot of old-house people. Some pieces would require a hoist. I hope they survive, 'cause its a great place.
markf
New York Life
New York Life

Post by markf »

I love that joint.  The guy that runs it (Patrick Ottesen) is real friendly.  Real down to earth.  We got our schoolhouse light fixture for our kitchen there.  Also a great place to find vintage wood trim if you're looking to do some renovation on an old house.  $1/ft I think is the standard price.  Allergy sufferers pre-medicate!  Digging through the trim racks in the basement is a real dust up.
"Here!" shall of course be short for "Here I am, rock you like a hurricane."
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

It is nice to have a second hand architectural parts store in KC. I saw something like it on This Old House and what they do to reclaim these parts and resell them is totally amazing.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.