Fireworks

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
scooterj
Ambassador

Re: Fireworks

Post by scooterj »

WSPanic wrote: American Royal kick off? Doesn't the BBQ start today?
American Royal fireworks would be in the West Bottoms, not at Parade Park in the 18th & Vine district.
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

Well, it took a while, but here's the poop.
I rode down around the Jazz District this morning, saw many barricades but no evidence of fireworks.
Stop and asked some folks - still comin up goose eggs.
So I did some sleuthing - good old fashioned reporter work on the phone  and on the net. Here's what I came up with.

Airports Council International of North America had their convention here in  Kansas City this past week. The fireworks were part of their final night here at a private block party at the Jazz Museum. Fireworks were sponsored by the city's Aviation Department. Here's ACI-NA's home page covering their convention here. One of the tabs will take you to the convention schedule while here in town. Fireworks were part of their "Big Bang" finale. Oh, the dessert served was sponsored by Logan International Airport in Boston.

Here's a link. http://www.aci-na.org/asp/kansas_media.asp

According to sources we talked to at the Jazz Museum, press releases went out to media and mailers went out to residents inviting them to come enjoy the fireworks.
We got neither.

This report was brought to you by:
The Northeast News
The Voice of Historic Northeast Since 1932.
www.northeastnews.net

Sportster
...that'd be me
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Wow...

They need to fire whomever did their PR.... but BIG props (no pun intended) to whomever they hired for the fireworks.      =D>
KCAppraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCAppraiser »

scooterj wrote: Wow...

They need to fire whomever did their PR.... but BIG props (no pun intended) to whomever they hired for the fireworks.      =D>
Absolutely.  I stood on my roof and watched it and kept waiting for it to end.  Very good display.