Looking for Northland Apartment Recommendations...

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
jennmkc
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by jennmkc »

I'm really leaning toward a loft downtown but I would like to consider places North of the River also. I've lived North of the River for over 8 years now and love how convenient it is. I was wondering if anyone here has a nice, clean, pet-friendly, quiet apartment complex they can recommend. I am looking for a 1 - 2 bedroom that will be under $700 a month. I also have 2 cats and a small (under 10 lb.) dog, so I need a place that will accommodate my four legged children too. I know there are a lot of new properties popping up so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jennifer
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

Hmm good question. Like you said, there are so many brand new places popping up, it's hard to get recommendations on them. Only suggestion I can give is to avoid areas where you may have questionable neighbors, but I'm sure you know where those are.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Just putting in a vote for Quality Hill downtown....allows pets and we got a 2 bedroom for $810/month but gave us one month free and $300 of the next month and you can prorate that throughout the lease, so if you do that, it comes to $717/month....one bedrooms were a little cheaper.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

Do you know how much a 1 bdrm is KC?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

apartmentguide.com says range of 510-$740....I'd say over $600 pretty easy...we looked at a 1 bedroom but just too small. 1 Bedrooms are pretty hard to find downtown...that's what everybody wants, that's why we got such a good deal on the 2bed.

Oh yeah and you can have pets at QH.

ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

Downtown rents are less than I thought. I thought they were closer to $1/sq foot.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

most are...and one bedrooms everywhere are...2 bedrooms are rare and hard for them to sell.

every other place we looked was at least $1/square foot....

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

FWIW, I have some friends who live at a complex called Devling Place right up at Choteau & Parvin. The place seems real nice, quiet, pet friendly, etc. Rent is reasonable. Hope that helps.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
Electric_Cactus
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Electric_Cactus »

I can tell you to avoid North Kansas City Apartments. I live in one of the subcomplexes they manage...and all I can say is, for $655 a month for 2 bedroom it is a poor buy. This is NOT because of the location, as that is very beautiful and I like NKC. But the management company running this place cares NOT for their tenants. Ever since myself and my girlfriend have moved in here it's been nothing but me butting heads with management, which doesn't make me a happy camper. I'm getting a house when my lease is up.
"Quiet people aren't the only ones who don't say much."