Where do you get groceries?

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Where do you get groceries?

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

staubio wrote: The demand is certainly there.  I know people that have already pointed out that they are sad it is gone because they were planning on going.  It isn't the area that won't support it, it is that the store didn't really offer much.  I went there several times and actually had to try hard just to find something I wanted to buy to support the store.  They didn't have a selection to support cooking a meal, so it was good for stocking up on herbs or grabbing a piece of fruit and not much else.

Get a better small market and it will succeed.
Exactly!  What a silly concept that joint was.  How could anyone make a go of a business that featured one sparsely covered table top of produce.  Hell even if they sold their whole inventory every day I can't imagine it would have met the overhead.  I can understand their desire to go the organic route to set themselves apart but they could have at least stocked a more complete selection of organic and health foods.  I am not very hard core about the organic/health food stuff myself but I would have shopped there a hell of a lot more just out of convenience if I was confident they actually had some food there. 
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

well, to be fair, i think they were a step further than organic in that they only bought locally grown organic food, which kind of limits your selection of produce and products depending on the season and how well each crop has come through.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

ComandanteCero wrote: well, to be fair, i think they were a step further than organic in that they only bought locally grown organic food, which kind of limits your selection of produce and products depending on the season and how well each crop has come through.

not to be rude but did you ever go there?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I see that effective 10/1 Roeland park  is going to be imposint an additonal 1% transportation district sales tax at the Price Chopper/Lowes.  What a rip off.  What in the hell sort of "transportation district" is going to be serving the grocery store?  Does this mean they are going to give you a lift in a golf cart from the Price chopper to the Lowes and vice versa? 
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Price Chopper on Santa Fe
Aldi on Santa Fe

When the walllet is a little heavier, Hy Vee on Santa Fe gets a visit.

Sometimes Dillon's at 151st and Mur Len is handy.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

westport sunfresh...man for some reason that parking lot makes me extremely nervous riding across...maybe its because its a parking lot.....hermmm  :?

brooksyeed price chopper is where i do my heavy duty dry/ canned good shopping every month or two.

my name is matt, btw. thought id formally introduce myself after breaking my lurker status a while back.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

Howdy Matt! What do you think of the westport sunfresh remodel?
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

i dont know, have they gotten past the "plastic hanging from the ceiling" phase yet?  i have been too busy to buy fresh stuff this week, ive been eating a lot of canned food  :?