Things you do in your free time.

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
scooterj
Ambassador

Re: Things you do in your free time.

Post by scooterj »

scartva wrote: How do you get here??  The area looks great!!
Go north on The Paseo.  Just past Admiral the Paseo heads downhill to merge with I-29/35.  But the right lane veers right instead.  Take that right lane and it spills right in.  Look for the big iron gates.  And be sure to explore the surrounding parks and neighborhood after you come back out the other end.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

been there. definitely worth the ride. great scenery, gotta love it.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Drive north on Paseo and you will run right into it.  When you come to various forks in the road, stay to the left. 
drgath
Pad site
Pad site

Post by drgath »

Awesome, I think I'll check this place out today.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=64106&ll= ... &t=h&hl=en
stealth
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by stealth »

between massage appointments, me and my faithful friend Beasley (a handsome dog) do walkabouts in my neighborhood several times each day.  during these outings we,, meet up with friends throughout volker we chat, I stop and visit with merchants along 39th st, shop for clothing, have lunch.  sometimes these walkabouts take hours. other ways I like to pass time : I teach ( through Communiversity) massage to lay folk, am a business coach for artists and entrepreneurs, love going to hip hop and hot wings @ the peanut on sunday nite for some real hiphop culture and community, I manage/monitor 5 soon 6 websites (keep an eye out for MIDDLEGROUNDHIPHOP.COM), 4 fulltime, 2 as partnering commitment, I read something all the time, host parties in my backyard (summers) and sunday dinners(winter).  let's just say, I am rarely bored. 8)
www.64111clinic.com "it's all bout the love"
www.hiphopkc.com "is waitin for you, what you waitin 4
I got the soul, the will, the heart, to fight, no matter what I'm gon shine my light
"Livin Life" lyrics by Joe Good of Sound
drgath
Pad site
Pad site

Post by drgath »

Back.  Yeah, it was pretty nice.  I didn't get to see much of the cool scenery though, maybe I didn't go far enough (hopped off at Gladstone Blvd halfway though).  Next time I'll go all the way through.  After that, went down to 8th street and then to Allis Plaza where it looks like they are having the "First annual KC Summerfest."  Didn't even know that was going on (Taylor Dayne will be performing, oh boy).  Then up to the 8th & Jefferson lookout, then back to the Waltower.  All in all... probably about a 10 mile ride, took some pictures, discovered some new parks.  I'd say that's pretty good for a morning hungover.  :D
Gorlock
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Gorlock »

Here's a web site about Cliff Drive.

http://www.byways.org/browse/byways/2178/
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

We need a forum outing!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

perhaps a royals game? tickets are easy to get.................
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D