Moving to KC soon...

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
KC_Fan
Strip mall
Strip mall

Moving to KC soon...

Post by KC_Fan »

GuyInLenexa wrote:If KCMO would improve their school district to the level of it's Missouri and Kansan suburbs, you would probably see a huge influx of families.
If they do not, you will see many people that moved to the city center in the rebirth go back to the burbs when they start to have children.
Wow! You have touched on one of the most important issues facing downtown. I couldn't agree more. I'm moving from the suburbs to Union Hill (29th street, so just barely inside the "downtown boundary") after my wedding in June. We've already discussed the fact that it is very likely we will move back to the suburbs if we have children. Hopefully, there will be a continuous pool of people moving into downtown, but it wouldn't hurt to have a top-notch public school system to attract more.
kcteen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Moving to KC soon...

Post by kcteen »

I know many people in the rivermarket that have petitioned to other KCMO school discticts other than their own and been successful at sending kids there, such as north of the river schools (parkville i believe). Not sure the process or the requirments, but they pulled it off. Obviously this isnt going to fix the problem, it just skirts the issue, but it is possible nonetheless

kcteen