Dry Cleaner

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Dry Cleaner

Post by Demosthenes »

Does anyone know of any dry cleaners downtown? I'm googling this and can't find anything. Having a lot of trouble believing there isn't ONE dry cleaner in all of downtown.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Dry Cleaner

Post by flyingember »

Google is your friend.

dry cleaner 64108 is the search I did.

adding 64105, 64106, 64108 gets you the targeted searches inside downtown by zip code

Royal Master Cleaners. 1505 Grand. is the only one, if still open

google street view shows they even have a drive thru. add that to the list of places that do downtown
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Demosthenes wrote:Does anyone know of any dry cleaners downtown? I'm googling this and can't find anything. Having a lot of trouble believing there isn't ONE dry cleaner in all of downtown.
you might try calling some of the bigger names and asking if they have pick-up service. our building has service from arrow.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

DaveKCMO wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Does anyone know of any dry cleaners downtown? I'm googling this and can't find anything. Having a lot of trouble believing there isn't ONE dry cleaner in all of downtown.
you might try calling some of the bigger names and asking if they have pick-up service. our building has service from arrow.
Mine has service from Mayfair, which has a cooler sign!
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Demosthenes »

DaveKCMO wrote:
Hmmm... that would be awesome and extremely convenient.
flyingember wrote:Google is your friend.

adding 64105, 64106, 64108 gets you the targeted searches inside downtown by zip code

google street view shows they even have a drive thru. add that to the list of places that do downtown
Well obviously Google isn't my friend, since I got no good answers from it. Royal Master Cleaners is an excellent option if it is in fact still open. There is a yelp review from this past year, so I'd say that's not a bad sign. Will have to check it out.

Seems to me that someone opening a dry cleaner downtown would do quite well, especially in the river market or quality hill. Or really anywhere along the streetcar line of course.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Demosthenes wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:
Hmmm... that would be awesome and extremely convenient.
flyingember wrote:Google is your friend.

Well obviously Google isn't my friend, since I got no good answers from it. Royal Master Cleaners is an excellent option if it is in fact still open. There is a yelp review from this past year, so I'd say that's not a bad sign. Will have to check it out.

Seems to me that someone opening a dry cleaner downtown would do quite well, especially in the river market or quality hill. Or really anywhere along the streetcar line of course.
Never fear, we use Royal Master Cleaners, they are very much open.
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Demosthenes »

Sweet. That is very good news indeed!