Transition from downtown living to brookside/Waldo living

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
WinchesterMysteryHouse
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: Transition from downtown living to brookside/Waldo livin

Post by WinchesterMysteryHouse »

I've admired that building for years and glad I don't live near that 'hood anymore. You gentleman scholars should start a speakeasy there for sure.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

WinchesterMysteryHouse wrote:glad I don't live near that 'hood anymore.
why?
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

GiveThisManABeer wrote:Agreed with Volker Dad. This would make perfect candidate for a chill neighborhood bar. Someone with some loot and a love for drinks should get on this: http://www.kansascityhomes.com/Kansas-C ... 36263.aspx
yep i remember this building, think i made a post on it years ago. wonder what the stumbling blocks would be to getting a liqour license for a new true blue corner bar on a residential street in kcmo.
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Demosthenes »

This is a terrific idea. Rag headquarter/ Kansas City History Den & Nerdery/ Craft beer bar. I envision old Sanborns and framed photos from the Missouri Valley Special Collections all over the walls. This place would be a haven for all things extremely local. Some real movin and shakin goin down in this joint!

And I kind of think the location being IN the neighborhood is perfect for such a place.