Downtown Delivery

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Downtown Delivery

Post by mgh7676 »

I recently moved downtown and am loving it. Something I am missing is the availability of cheap food delivered to your door late at night. I understand that most places in the loop close in the evening and over weekends...are there any delivery options I should know about?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Downtown Delivery

Post by KCPowercat »

First off welcome downtown.

Santora's in Westport delivers until 1am weeknight and 4am weekends. Dominos in Westport also delivers downtown I believe...they did last Spring when I was working the Big 12. Not sure how late. Pizza Hut also in the loop not sure how late.

Outside of pizza? Chinese place in NKC delivers downtown....not sure hours.

What options are there in other parts of the city? I don't know of many places that deliver anywhere...outside of pizza places.

Alternatives would be use like zaarly.com and put a request for someone to bring you something...or even the new bike couriers @cowtowncouriers on twitter.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

another pizza place, but they have other options as well... caddy shack delivers till 2am on weekends-only river market, loop, CP, and NKC. midnight weekdays.
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

Thanks for the tips. Pizza, subs, and Chinese were about what I was expecting. After looking around more, it also looks like Cafe Al Dente delivers. Do Midtown/Westport locations usually deliver downtown, or are distances usually fairly restricted?
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

imo's (stl pizza) delivers downtown.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

I'm pretty sure The Brick still delivers. One of the sandwich chains (I can't remember if it's Quizno's or Jimmy John's) also delivers within the loop until about 7 or 8.

Minsky's also delivers and like Caddyshack they have other options too. (But that Caddyshack is goooood and you can't beat 2am delivery!)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Caddyshack delivers till 2am? Wow.

I really think somebody should try the @cowtowncourier guy....he is really looking to get his business going.
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

scooterj wrote:I'm pretty sure The Brick still delivers. One of the sandwich chains (I can't remember if it's Quizno's or Jimmy John's) also delivers within the loop until about 7 or 8.

Minsky's also delivers and like Caddyshack they have other options too. (But that Caddyshack is goooood and you can't beat 2am delivery!)
WHAT? they deliver??
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

I drove by Caddyshack the other day. Just judging by the look of the bar from the outside, I would not have guessed they had delicious pizza....but my girlfriend noticed the front of the building was lined up with cars. I guess looks can be deceiving.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

mgh7676 wrote:I drove by Caddyshack the other day. Just judging by the look of the bar from the outside, I would not have guessed they had delicious pizza....but my girlfriend noticed the front of the building was lined up with cars. I guess looks can be deceiving.
It is outrageously tasty.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Cowntown Couriers will deliver from any place that does takeout.

http://www.facebook.com/cowtowncouriers
sailey
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by sailey »

I also love to get my food delivered.. sometimes I'm just too lazy to cook when I had a hard day! I think many people can understand this? :)
I look for good online delivery services especially for pizza and pasta- and maybe chinese. Does anyone has a recommendation for me? This would be great!
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

it's amazing when you're in NYC/chicago/san fran what you can have delivered using grubhub or seamless. such a huge range of food options.
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

Grubhub was a friend of mine while I was living in Chicago. There are delivery options downtown, but I have found that the delivery hours can be sketchy. Sometimes, it just depends on whether or not the restaurant is busy, and if they have someone willing to delivery at the given time. A couple weeks ago I ordered Cafe Al Dente, and at first they wouldn't deliver, but while I was still on the phone, somebody "showed" up, and was willing to deliver. Late night options are few and far between though.
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

I tried to order delivery from the brick one night. They said they don't really plan to have delivery regularly. One of the bus boys will do it sometimes, but it's usually only like daytime stuff.
Cowtown Couriers
Can't Start New Threads
Can't Start New Threads

Post by Cowtown Couriers »

We can delivery just about anything you might need downtown. Here is a video of us from Fox 4's Morning Show on Saturday: fox4kc.com/2012/06/23/cowtown-couriers-bike-delivery-service-available-in-kc/. What evening hours would you want to have delivery? Would 6pm-midnight work?
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

ClusterTruck is now officially open downtown, a sort of food truck delivery hybrid that has an onprem kitchen. A delivery only kitchen I suppose. Sounds like you have to meet driver at curb, not delivered at your door. Based out of Indy, expanded to OH, KC and Denver...
https://cityscenekc.com/clustertruck-pr ... -location/

KC online menu looks good: Thai to Mexi to burgers to breakfast delivery...
https://kansas-city.clustertruck.com/menu

Use it or lose it.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

earthling wrote:ClusterTruck is now officially open downtown, a sort of food truck delivery hybrid that has an onprem kitchen. A delivery only kitchen I suppose. Sounds like you have to meet driver at curb, not delivered at your door. Based out of Indy, expanded to OH, KC and Denver...

Use it or lose it.
Anyone try this yet? I'm too far away.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I wish they would extend the zone out to Midtown, I feel like they could close up because they are not reaching one of the denser parts of the city. Seems like it would have been more ideal to base this operation in Crossroads instead of River Market.
gsgeo
Surface Lot

Post by gsgeo »

earthling wrote:
earthling wrote:ClusterTruck is now officially open downtown, a sort of food truck delivery hybrid that has an onprem kitchen. A delivery only kitchen I suppose. Sounds like you have to meet driver at curb, not delivered at your door. Based out of Indy, expanded to OH, KC and Denver...

Use it or lose it.
Anyone try this yet? I'm too far away.
I tried it earlier this week. They actually have a 'beta' program in KC, where you can sign up to be a tester: https://beta.clustertruck.com. I got approval to be a tester in a matter of hours, which was good for $15 of free food.

I think the food is fairly expensive for what you get. I got the black bean burger with tater tots, which ended up to be just shy of $15 (excluding tip) and the quality was just okay. I may try another dish since it would be pretty convenient while I'm at work. I was able to receive the food in under 30 minutes in the East Crossroads, so that was nice. I do like that they update you on the progress, kind of similar to dominoes website. The delivery driver was also friendly.