Condo for Lease - Wallstreet Tower

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
kuslamb
New York Life
New York Life

Condo for Lease - Wallstreet Tower

Post by kuslamb »

We have decided to leave KC and move back home.  As such, with the market like it is, we have had difficulty selling our condo.  See the listing here:

http://www.reeceandnichols.com/MO/Kansa ... 5-49457977

For those interested, we are going to undertake leasing it for a year or more, depending on the lessee.  Anyone who would have any interest, please message/email me for additional convesations.

Monthly Rate - $2100 - This includes all utilities, other than cable. 

Specifics about the unit are most easily found on the link posted above, including several pictures.  It could he available as early as July 1.  Importantly, lessees have access to all Wallstreet Tower amenities, including the rooftop pool.

Email me @ kuslamb@gmail.com
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Condo for Lease - Wallstreet Tower

Post by taxi »

How much for just the use of the pool?
"Hit it, lick it, split it and quit it." -James Brown
kuslamb
New York Life
New York Life

Post by kuslamb »

taxi wrote: How much for just the use of the pool?
Don't think I can help you there.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Great place.  Love that building.  My only question is why use realtors based in Leawood??  Are they really going to help you out given their normal market?

Best of luck.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Wow, that is a gorgeous condo. If I could sell my house... heh.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

KCPowercat wrote: My only question is why use realtors based in Leawood??  Are they really going to help you out given their normal market?
Best of luck.
kuslamb, this is not directed specifically to you, but hopefully to illuminate this topic for others.  Most of the public has the perception that a realtor is a realtor is a realtor.

Pulling in a suburban realtor for a very urban dwelling is like having a proctologist do brain surgery.  They know the basics, but the specifics are pretty critical.

I understand family ties, friends and all, or friends of friends, or someone who helped with another sale/purchase, but it's just not their area of expertice and especially in this market expertice is hyper important.

It's the realtors, in cases like this, who are to be criticized.  They take on listings that they can not properly service, due to lack of needed experience  and proximity and typically enter the agreement just in hope that a sale will emerge.  What savvy realtors do in a case like this is refer their friend to the expert for the property type/location and they are paid a referral fee (10 to 25% typically of the selllers commission, not shabby).

No, I'm not a residential realtor, though I did it years ago.  It's a pet peeve for me, because it's peoples lives and money that are at stake.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

KCPowercat wrote: Great place.  Love that building.  My only question is why use realtors based in Leawood??  Are they really going to help you out given their normal market?

Best of luck.
loftguy wrote: kuslamb, this is not directed specifically to you, but hopefully to illuminate this topic for others.  Most of the public has the perception that a realtor is a realtor is a realtor.  In the old days of multiple purchase offers, we could get away with this thinking.

Pulling in a suburban realtor for a very urban dwelling is like having a proctologist do brain surgery.  They know the basics, but the specifics are pretty critical.

I understand family ties, friends and all, or friends of friends, or someone who helped with another sale/purchase, but it's just not their area of expertice and especially in this market expertice is hyper important.

It's the realtors, in cases like this, who are to be criticized.  They take on listings that they can not properly service, due to lack of needed experience  and proximity and typically enter the agreement just in hope that a sale will emerge.  What savvy realtors do in a case like this is refer their friend to the expert for the property type/location and they are paid a referral fee (10 to 25% typically of the selllers commission, not shabby).

No, I'm not a residential realtor, though I did it years ago.  It's a pet peeve for me, because it's peoples lives and money that are at stake and I have watched repeatedly as this scenario has played itself out.
A parting thought: even "the" expert in downtown condos would have had a mondo serious challange to sell over the past couple of years. However, there is a notable positive movement in the market, which no doubt Ignatius will soon be able to quantify for us.
kuslamb
New York Life
New York Life

Post by kuslamb »

Thanks for the opinions and compliments everyone. 

We agree it is a beautiful condo and have really loved living in it. 

As for the realtor discussion, we used who we used purchased from her colleague @ the same company, she is a friend of ours, and she actually is good.

We cannot complain about the number of showings we had (approx 75), the issue with our showing was that it was a lot of transplants that were doing research and decided on the plaza, or up north, or etc...  Additionally, we saw a lot of people exactly the same as my wife and I (5 years ago) and they had simply no chance of securing the financing to purchase.

How different things are today.  My wife and I were approved for a loan that was close to 8x what our annual income was going to be a year (2 starting CPAs) and the whole process took about 3 hours (including lunch).  Additionally, we had not even received a single paycheck yet.

Anywho, if anyone knows anyone who would like to rent or if they are interested, please feel free to contact me.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Additionally, we saw a lot of people exactly the same as my wife and I (5 years ago) and they had simply no chance of securing the financing to purchase.
That is issue #1 now, especially at your asking price range.

Wish you the best of luck at either selling or renting.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
kuslamb
New York Life
New York Life

Post by kuslamb »

Again, thanks for all the kind words.

Price dropped to $1900 per month on a 12 month lease.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

kuslamb wrote: We have decided to leave KC and move back home.  As such, with the market like it is, we have had difficulty selling our condo.  
A couple of years down the road, and I might have been very interested. We loved that building when we toured it a few years ago.   Best of luck.  If you don't mind saying, where is home?
kuslamb
New York Life
New York Life

Post by kuslamb »

Highlander wrote: A couple of years down the road, and I might have been very interested. We loved that building when we toured it a few years ago.   Best of luck.  If you don't mind saying, where is home?
Thanks. Oklahoma.

As an update, it is leased. First time ever leasing anything, but people who regularly lease appear to regularly begin looking for a new place approx 10 days before their lease is up.

This is crazy to me, but I have not leased aside from 1 year for grad school in Lawrence. It makes it very difficult to prep the lease documents, do a background check, review references, etc...

Oh, and people on craigslist are strange, and college kids are crazier than ever, with multiple offers from groups 4 college students wanting to lease it.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

kuslamb wrote: Thanks. Oklahoma.

As an update, it is leased. First time ever leasing anything, but people who regularly lease appear to regularly begin looking for a new place approx 10 days before their lease is up.

This is crazy to me, but I have not leased aside from 1 year for grad school in Lawrence. It makes it very difficult to prep the lease documents, do a background check, review references, etc...

Oh, and people on craigslist are strange, and college kids are crazier than ever, with multiple offers from groups 4 college students wanting to lease it.
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

loftguy wrote:
And...?
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
LyndeyT
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by LyndeyT »

Hopefully you didn't lease to four college guys? :D That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I was in the same situation with our past home. We couldn't sell it, so we ended up renting it. The renters were always late on their payments. I think the worst part was the fact that the house was 2.5 hours away from our current home.
Lyndey - which of the moving companies did you use to move here?
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

Roanoker wrote:
loftguy wrote:
And...?

Heck if I know, Roanoker. I just saw this post.

Bet it was something great, though...........
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

loftguy wrote:
Roanoker wrote:
loftguy wrote:
And...?

Heck if I know, Roanoker. I just saw this post.

Bet it was something great, though...........
It was! :D
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

LyndeyT wrote:Hopefully you didn't lease to four college guys? :D That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I was in the same situation with our past home. We couldn't sell it, so we ended up renting it. The renters were always late on their payments. I think the worst part was the fact that the house was 2.5 hours away from our current home.
Yeah, four college guys next to the P&L District. That movie writes itself: The Hangover 3.
kuslamb
New York Life
New York Life

Post by kuslamb »

It is leased to a nice married couple with 2 college aged children. Other than a bit of spilled Chardonnay, I think things should be OK...
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

kuslamb wrote:It is leased to a nice married couple with 2 college aged children. Other than a bit of spilled Chardonnay, I think things should be OK...

Whoa, kuslamb, you've got a few things to learn about empty nesters.

They have spent the last two decades playing the Ward and June Cleaver roles in the burbs. They're still young and bammmmm! It's time to get the party going. Why do you think they wanted a hip address in the middle of the action?

That may be chardonnay, but they're using it in their bong.