time warner fail

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

time warner fail

Post by KCPowercat »

Anybody else?  Started around 8?  Supposedly impacting river to 31st street according to the time warner support.  Seems to be affecting more than kc based on a twitter search.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Re: time warner fail

Post by mean »

Cable TV or interwebs? I didn't do anything online, but my TV seemed ok.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

My interwebs with them has been pretty spotty since Christmas. But I'm in JoCo.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

TV and Internet access are okay here in KC north of the river.
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by ColumbusParkian »

River Market was down all night. I'm just glad I don't use them for my phone service (who has a landline these days anyhow). I was annoyed enough w/ no TV or internet when I got home last night, if I didn't have a means to call them and complain i'd have been LIVID.
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

yep, mine went down about 8 in Columbus Park....ended up just playing some music from my iPod, read for a while, then hit the sack.  I hate TWC.
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Clear was up all night. Ditch TWC.
"It's only when you leave Kansas City do you realize truly how great a city it is. ... If you have to go away, go away for a while. You'll be back. And when you come back, bring your ideas and willingness to make Kansas City the best."- Sly James
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

This is why we vowed to ditch TWC as soon as we moved out of Roeland Park.  We had the bundle, And internet and TV outages were a regular feature.  The customer service was singularly unpleasant and difficult to deal with.  When we moved into Rosedale, we got DirecTV and ATT for phone and internet.  The difference between customer service with DirecTV and TWC was shocking.  They made a mistake with our installation that took one day to fix, and they gave us 6 months free service.  Never any problems with phone or internet with ATT.  Like my husband said, if you pick up the phone and there's no dial tone, it means something pretty bad has probably happened.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

TWC worked in the Westside last night, at least in my place.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

heatherkay wrote: This is why we vowed to ditch TWC as soon as we moved out of Roeland Park.  We had the bundle, And internet and TV outages were a regular feature.  The customer service was singularly unpleasant and difficult to deal with. 
Odd.  TWC Internet is great in Midtown.  I rarely have an outage, and when I do tech support is awesome.  They actually have a local support staff, so it's not someone 10,000 miles away.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I must say I've hardly ever had an outage like last night. I think their digital boxes/dvr sucks but that doesn't make me want to switch to dish.....only other possible option.

KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

Their digital boxers/dvr do suck....I've probably switched mine out 2-3 times in the last year due to problems with the boxes.
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

heatherkay wrote: This is why we vowed to ditch TWC as soon as we moved out of Roeland Park.  We had the bundle, And internet and TV outages were a regular feature.  The customer service was singularly unpleasant and difficult to deal with.  When we moved into Rosedale, we got DirecTV and ATT for phone and internet.  The difference between customer service with DirecTV and TWC was shocking.  They made a mistake with our installation that took one day to fix, and they gave us 6 months free service.  Never any problems with phone or internet with ATT.  Like my husband said, if you pick up the phone and there's no dial tone, it means something pretty bad has probably happened.
Interesting. I had the same experience in Roeland Park, but since we moved to PV, it hasn't been nearly as bad. But it was awful in RP.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

dangerboy wrote: Odd.  TWC Internet is great in Midtown.  I rarely have an outage, and when I do tech support is awesome.  They actually have a local support staff, so it's not someone 10,000 miles away.
They must be feeling the hot breath of competition on their neck.  My husband works at home by VPN, so reliable, high-speed internet is a requirement, not a luxury.  He would call when it went out and get some sort of vague idea of when they might be able to fix it.  Like I said, we've never had a problem with internet at the new house.  But that's probably also part of it -- a new house. 
Interesting. I had the same experience in Roeland Park, but since we moved to PV, it hasn't been nearly as bad. But it was awful in RP.
Glad to hear we weren't imagining it.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Yeah, I switched to Everest for the sole reason of getting the house re-cabled.
pstokely
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by pstokely »

The poor areas of town are probably maintained less. If you can stay on hold for a while, you might be able to get a few months of Showtime
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

not had any problems in the xroads all day. perhaps everyone else being shut-out explains the zippy speeds!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Internet was up this morning. Seemed it got fixed overnight.