new Studio 804 house begins construction - Modular 5

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

new Studio 804 house begins construction - Modular 5

Post by heatherkay »

For those of you interested in modular or pre-fab housing or interested in green building, the newest Studio 804 house has just started site prep in Rosedale, KCK, at 3716 Springfield.  I am totally in love with these houses, and this one is planned to be LEED Platinum certified, complete with a residential windmill.  Once they start actually working on the site, they are there 6 days a week, and they love talking about what they're doing. 

For more info:

http://studio804.com/current%20project_ ... Week0.html
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Re: new Studio 804 house begins construction - Modular 5

Post by rxlexi »

thanks for the link, I love these houses.  It's been great to see them building more and more of them in KCK vs. Lawrence, and I particularly like the home on Strawberry Hill.  What's the process involved in purchasing one of these homes?
are we spinning free?
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

i went and looked at one of the 804 houses on Minnie st when i was house-hunting last year.  great place, on a great lot, but the area around it was ugly as shit, so i passed.  this springfield one looks very promising though.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

The Strawberry Hill house is currently for sale, asking $170k.  The first (I think) KCK house off 39th ST was sold last summer.  They seem to pop up for resale every now and then.

To purchase the new house, I would contact Rockhill or the students.  I would guess they have a waiting/interest list from which the buyer is selected.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

kudos to KCK for making their land bank properties an unavoidable good deal for infill. hear that, jackson county?
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

I wonder why environmentally friendly buildings have to be as ugly as environmentally friendly cars.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

Anyone know address of Strawberry Hill home?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

I'm confused about this newest one in KCK.  Is it modular/Pre-fab in any way?  I see lots of recycled materials being used, but nothing prebuilt and shipped to the site ready to go?  I've looked through the pictures, and it appears that they've built the foundation, and all the framing seems traditional...am I missing something?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

Czar wrote: Anyone know address of Strawberry Hill home?
It's on Riverview at about 6th ST.
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

im2kull wrote: I'm confused about this newest one in KCK.  Is it modular/Pre-fab in any way?  I see lots of recycled materials being used, but nothing prebuilt and shipped to the site ready to go?  I've looked through the pictures, and it appears that they've built the foundation, and all the framing seems traditional...am I missing something?
No, I don't think you are.  I think this is an exercise in green building, but not in modular or pre-fab construction.  And the project is actually called CurrentProject_09, rather than Mod_05
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

heatherkay wrote: No, I don't think you are.  I think this is an exercise in green building, but not in modular or pre-fab construction.  And the project is actually called CurrentProject_09, rather than Mod_05
That would make more sense.  Modular 5 is quite the mis-interpretation.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.