condo board president roundtable

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

condo board president roundtable

Post by KCPowercat »

I had this idea walking in today of having some sort of condo board president roundtable involving downtown condo boards.

It could be facilitated by the dna or downtown council with the purpose of exchanging knowledge of condo issues.

Many condos are new and the boards are inexperienced and facing unfamiliar situations. This roundtable could be used to discuss vendors, hoa dues rates, board operations, etc.

I, Myself, am not president of our board but could see a real benefit in the knowledge exchange as I see the issues we face on our condo board.

Thoughts?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
cknab1
Ambassador

Re: condo board president roundtable

Post by cknab1 »

That’s a good idea.  I don't know if it has to be presidents, maybe just a board member.  I'm on the board at Santa Fe Place and we have been up and running for just 2 1/2 years.  There is a lot of information I don't know or have to dig it up when I'm sure there is some expertise out there I would like to tap into.  In looking at different management companies for a quote, I really started with no knowledge of what is out there.
I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

KCP, you are very wise -- and also have very interesting timing.

At next week's DNA meeting, we'll be unveiling our kick-off for the "HOA Congress," which is exactly what you describe: an opportunity to share lessons learned, management company experiences and best practices. We also see it as a more coordinated way to perform neighborhood advocacy as many people engage the community on a building level as opposed to a neighborhood level.

The initial meeting is slated for Tuesday, Fed 17 at 6:30. The location isn't confirmed but the plan is to host it in the Riverbend Lofts social room.

In the meantime, we're doing some planning on how we'll structure it and inviting a few HOA leaders that we know to help shape it. If you or anyone else would like to be part of that, let me know.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Awesome. Great minds think alike.

Pm me the details, I might like to be in on this deal.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i am no longer on my board, but please include (or consider including) the crossroads properties.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

DaveKCMO wrote: i am no longer on my board, but please include (or consider including) the crossroads properties.
We might have to coordinate with CCA to see how to handle this. CCA has never really been a neighborhood organization as much as a business association but they have made efforts to create a residential program in the past. Ideally, we could partner around that or DNA could take on the neighborhood from a residential perspective.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

The location is confirmed at the Riverbend on Feb 17 at 6:30. If you have contact information for your HOA officers or are one yourself, please send me a PM ASAP so I can get a good distribution of the initial informational e-mail invite... and feel free to pass this along.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Hey all,

In looking at the calendar, we noticed a conflict with some public meetings regarding the budget that we assumed many HOA leaders and other neighborhood folks would be interested in. Because of this, we're going to push it back to Tuesday, March 3. I will be sending out an invitation to everyone that has forwarded me information today but please feel free to share this with other HOA leaders.

Same time: 6:30. Same location: Riverbend Lofts social room at 200 Main St. Plenty of parking on 2nd and 2 blocks from MAX 3rd and Grand.