Urban Living Tour

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Urban Living Tour

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

Question for current or past loft dwellers......what are some of the better places to look at in the Rivermarket or Crossroads?  I just toured Market Station and thought it was okay....too much like an apartment and not a loft, although the location is great.  Thoughts on Window Lofts or Piper Lofts?  I'm looking to rent for the first year and decide after that if I want to buy. 
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KC_JAYHAWK wrote: Question for current or past loft dwellers......what are some of the better places to look at in the Rivermarket or Crossroads?  I just toured Market Station and thought it was okay....too much like an apartment and not a loft, although the location is great.  Thoughts on Window Lofts or Piper Lofts?  I'm looking to rent for the first year and decide after that if I want to buy. 
piper is a good choice to rent before buying, since you can stay put when it turns condo in 4-5 years (it's a big building though). i'm at 1819 baltimore and love it; it is also a retrofit, and there are units available (PM me if you are interested). if you can afford the river market townhomes, those are a pretty sweet deal and can be customized... cheaper than city homes and a better (IMO) location.

as far as preference between the two neighborhoods, that's a highly personal choice. i'm clearly a crossroads fan, but RM also has a unique feel.
hoghead

Post by hoghead »

Western Auto.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

did anyone go on the condo ghost tour yesterday?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DaveKCMO wrote:did anyone go on the condo ghost tour yesterday?
I went for a couple of hours. It was really busy!
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

DaveKCMO wrote:did anyone go on the condo ghost tour yesterday?
Maybe my head is overcast, too. Ghost tour?

I went, as well, and it was pretty great. The properties were slammed with people touring and it seemed to be a pretty serious crowd of lookers, from the folks I spoke with.

Any word on how the twelve restaurants participating did?
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

There was a condo tour? :shock: