Best Lofts In 350-450 Range Downtown?

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Best Lofts In 350-450 Range Downtown?

Post by tella100 »

Any thoughts on Freighthouse Flats? Went to look at a few of their remaining units as well as a few resales. Finishes are great and the building looks great.  little concerned about spending anywhere close to asking price on the remaining units as litterally hundreds of other serious buyers have passed on them.  Any ideas on what will be going into that lot north of the parking garage.  I heard a new, high end condo project could be put there.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

tella100 wrote: Any thoughts on Freighthouse Flats? Went to look at a few of their remaining units as well as a few resales. Finishes are great and the building looks great.  little concerned about spending anywhere close to asking price on the remaining units as litterally hundreds of other serious buyers have passed on them.  Any ideas on what will be going into that lot north of the parking garage.  I heard a new, high end condo project could be put there.
a six-story mixed use project is being developed for that site. condos and retail to wrap around a parking garage, if i remember correctly. there's a thread here somewhere, but i wouldn't expect it to happen anytime soon.
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tella100 »

yes that was my concern when looking at the unit on the 3rd floor, best part is the current view
Appraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Appraiser »

DaveKCMO wrote: a six-story mixed use project is being developed for that site. condos and retail to wrap around a parking garage, if i remember correctly. there's a thread here somewhere, but i wouldn't expect it to happen anytime soon.
I was told that the developeres (Copaken White & Blitt) have leased space for a marketing office on 19th +/- & Wyandotte.  As crappy as I think the market is I do believe this project will happen and be successful.  It's a small project with a great location and there hasn't been any new construction since Conover Place and thats why it will happen (fingers crossed).
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Appraiser wrote: I was told that the developeres (Copaken White & Blitt) have leased space for a marketing office on 19th +/- & Wyandotte.  As crappy as I think the market is I do believe this project will happen and be successful.  It's a small project with a great location and there hasn't been any new construction since Conover Place and thats why it will happen (fingers crossed).
aha! i bet it's that low-rise, beige-brick building that actually faces the boulevard? i think it's owned by the bo ling's people and leased by nicholson. it was just renovated a few months ago, but is still empty. sweet!
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

Appraiser wrote: and there hasn't been any new construction since Conover Place and thats why it will happen (fingers crossed).
??????????????????????????????

5 Delaware, City Homes, Bridgeworks, 1st & Main, 4646 Broadway, Stuff along Gillham, etc., etc., etc.
Appraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Appraiser »

zonk wrote: ??????????????????????????????

5 Delaware, City Homes, Bridgeworks, 1st & Main, 4646 Broadway, Stuff along Gillham, etc., etc., etc.
Sorry I was referring to DT (River to 31st) and thinking of price range and style of units.  5 Delaware is similar and I forgot that one.  I think the rest of the projects you mentioned have different appeal, but oh heck ya there has been a ton of new construction since Conover Place, actually I think it was the first newly built condo/loft  in the urban core.  Summit at Sixteenth, Mckenzee House projects north of the Plaza, Gillham Row Kirkwood and on and on.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

excellent....thanks for the clarification.
KCAppraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCAppraiser »

What did you think of the standalone unit at the Popcorn lofts?  I liked that place when I looked at it.
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

DaveKCMO wrote: balconies? is there a website?
Nope, not a website and no fun designer renderings either.  The designer is pretty artistic so most of the design comes from his head.  However, I do that he typically does killer kitchens and has quality features as standard.
redwood7
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by redwood7 »

Not to get entirely off topic, but does anyone have thoughts on 21Ten?
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

redwood7 wrote: Not to get entirely off topic, but does anyone have thoughts on 21Ten?
If I remember right, these are not tax abated. Double check me, but keep that in mind.
brotherdarrell
Pad site
Pad site

Post by brotherdarrell »

Can't go wrong with Freighthouse Flats.  The developers of FF will be developing the new condo project on the empty lot.  Might take into consideration the FF views.
redwood7
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by redwood7 »

If I remember right, these are not tax abated. Double check me, but keep that in mind.
I believe you are right.  No tax abatement is a bummer, but I'm also curious what people know about the building, security, management, etc.
K.C.Highrise
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by K.C.Highrise »

The building is very cool IMO. Great roof top area with 2 grills. The building had some trouble with the previous management, but they were fired and the current management is very competent from what I have seen. Security is a non issue. They have cameras, keyless entry etc.
cknab1
Ambassador

Post by cknab1 »

Do you know what management company they are using now.  Or even which one they got rid of,  I'm looking at maybe changing the company managing our units.
I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.
redwood7
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by redwood7 »

Thanks, K.C. Highrise!  I'm looking at a couple of their for-sale units soon.  I'll definitely ask about how the residents are liking the new ownership.

(And thanks, coreyo for the tip re: tax abatement.)
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

we use curry management and they're pretty good. don't have anything to compare it to, though...
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tella100 »

well a month after starting my search for a bigger/better loft than I have now has left me with the view that KC has a shortage of quality, high(er) end true loft spaces (not an over supply as many people think).
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

tella100 wrote: well a month after starting my search for a bigger/better loft than I have now has left me with the view that KC has a shortage of quality, high(er) end true loft spaces (not an over supply as many people think).
What were your impressions of Conover Place?