Cresta Bella Update

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Cresta Bella Update

Post by KCLofts »

So it appears that the plans for Cresta Bella have changed.  This is the development on Jefferson street in the westside overlooking downtown and the cross roads where the L house used to stand.

They were planning on building 9 pre-designed, similar looking faux-victorian houses with listing prices at about $1.2M.  Those listings have now disappeared from the MLS and were replaced with new listings yesterday.  Now they are selling custom built 4000 sq ft, 4-level houses of your own design with prices at $1.5M.

I think this opens up the opportunity for some very cool houses up there now.  However, I thought one of the big selling points the developers made when pitching the project to the neighborhood for approval was that the houses would fit in visually with the rest of the old houses in the area.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Cresta Bella Update

Post by PumpkinStalker »

:-s  I don't like the unknown.  They better have some class!
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

I dont think the market gets any better from the 1.2M to 1.5M range.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

KCLofts wrote: So it appears that the plans for Cresta Bella have changed.  This is the development on Jefferson street in the westside overlooking downtown and the cross roads where the L house used to stand.

They were planning on building 9 pre-designed, similar looking faux-victorian houses with listing prices at about $1.2M.  Those listings have now disappeared from the MLS and were replaced with new listings yesterday.  Now they are selling custom built 4000 sq ft, 4-level houses of your own design with prices at $1.5M.

I think this opens up the opportunity for some very cool houses up there now.  However, I thought one of the big selling points the developers made when pitching the project to the neighborhood for approval was that the houses would fit in visually with the rest of the old houses in the area.
man! that is BS!  WTF?  I would only approve if they stayed with the neighborhood.
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

because i live right across the street, i have to say that i will be sad if they place tall buildings, houses, lofts, ect ect there. i have a magnificant view of downtown since they tore down the L.

i am thankful that the demolition is over and i can sleep until 7:30 in the mornings instead of waking up with the crew at 6am.

and yes, it's very important that the houses fit in with the rest of the neighborhood. the guys across the street with the big california house kind of stick out...
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Just when I was getting used to the idea of the old plan!  :x
KC is the way to be!
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

Sussudio wrote: because i live right across the street, i have to say that i will be sad if they place tall buildings, houses, lofts, ect ect there. i have a magnificant view of downtown since they tore down the L.

i am thankful that the demolition is over and i can sleep until 7:30 in the mornings instead of waking up with the crew at 6am.

and yes, it's very important that the houses fit in with the rest of the neighborhood. the guys across the street with the big california house kind of stick out...
:shock: :shock:
???
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Yeah, you should have said "almost" across the street.  Or in the near vicinity of being across the street!
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

Sussudio is talking about the new house on the east side of Jefferson.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

KCLofts wrote: Sussudio is talking about the new house on the east side of Jefferson.
Yeah, I know. she said she lived across the street.  and if thats her house, she's a bad dude!
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

i live in that house and i let my dog poop in the neighbor's yard without cleaning it up.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

Sussudio wrote: i live in that house and i let my dog poop in the neighbor's yard without cleaning it up.
too bad you don't have a next door neighbor  8)
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Sussudio, you live in one of the most desirable houses in Kansas City.  Do you know the history of the house and when it was built?
There is no fifth destination.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

honestly, it's good to hear that this plan has changed.  The original suburban-esque 'victorians' ranged from bad to awful designs.  I'd love to see either some 3 or 4 story brick or brownstone type townhouses here or more great modern design like the Westside has been so fortunate to recieve lately.  It really is becoming quite an architectural melting pot up there, and I for one love it.  The view from these homes will be spectacular.  As long they aren't typical mcmansions, or anything close, (which seems to be what the developers want to see) I'll be happy.
are we spinning free?
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

i don't really live in that house, but in the apartments nearby. there's a little yard for our building that he and his wife take his dogs to poop in and don't clean it up. our landlord has been working on that...
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

Sussudio wrote: i don't really live in that house, but in the apartments nearby. there's a little yard for our building that he and his wife take his dogs to poop in and don't clean it up. our landlord has been working on that...
Funny.  Isn't the owner of that house a prominent downtown figurehead?
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

I think it is Funks front porch!
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

you mean the one with with triple mortgage?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

zonk wrote: you mean the one with with triple mortgage?
wow. a new low.
Gretz
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Gretz »

rxlexi wrote: honestly, it's good to hear that this plan has changed.  The original suburban-esque 'victorians' ranged from bad to awful designs.  I'd love to see either some 3 or 4 story brick or brownstone type townhouses here or more great modern design like the Westside has been so fortunate to recieve lately.  It really is becoming quite an architectural melting pot up there, and I for one love it.  The view from these homes will be spectacular.  As long they aren't typical mcmansions, or anything close, (which seems to be what the developers want to see) I'll be happy.

Agreed. 
The old renderings looked like bland, beige-stucco McMansions; a little slice of JoCo in DT.  I too am glad they scrapped them for a more open format and hope that some tastefull suitors with a flare for modern architecture are drawn to the project.