Walk Score - How walkable is your house?

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Walk Score - How walkable is your house?

Post by ignatius »

I was only surprised the 91 hasn't changed since all of the new stuff has been listed.  Downtown was 92 about a year ago.  Lots of new stuff since then, yet still the same score.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Pedestrian-friendly developments command higher sales prices

http://www.builderonline.com/green-comm ... dends.aspx
There is no fifth destination.
LaulaNep73

Walk Score How walkable is your house

Post by LaulaNep73 »

what a great series, incredible. Also the runner up is excellent.

but Walk towards the light is a different class
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I went from a walk score of 86 at my former apartment on Quality Hill to 46 in my house in the Historic Northeast. :(
There is no fifth destination.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

FangKC wrote: I went from a walk score of 86 at my former apartment on Quality Hill to 46 in my house in the Historic Northeast. :(
I ran it for the apartment I stayed at in the heart of Barcelona and only got a 78 but still mustered a 72 for my current apartment in St. Louis (granted, CWE is a good area, but no way it's close to being as walkable as Barri G?tic).  This place also scored only one point better than my parents' house in Brookside, despite the presence of restaurants and cafes on my street, basically all apartment buildings and no detached single family houses, bus line running right in front of my door, Metrolink at the end of the block, etc.

Suffice to say, I don't entirely trust its methodology.
Pancho_and_Lefty
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Pancho_and_Lefty »

My house in Lee's Summit is a 71.  Not bad, considering I am three blocks from downtown Lee's Summit and there sidewalks throughout the neighborhood.
KC Sporting Life
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by KC Sporting Life »

Hmmm.  Seems like a cool service, but I'm not sure of the accuracy.  My house in Loose Park scored a 78.  I guess not bad, but I've never walked so much around KC in my life.  3 blocks from the Plaza, 3 blocks from 51st & Main strip, 12 blocks from Brookside, and right across from the park.  I've lived here for a year after almost 10 years in Hyde Park, where I never walked.  I think now I could actually make it in KC without a car.  Never thought I'd say that!    :D
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

walkscore.com is incredibly stupid. you can put an address in at Oak Park Mall and get a score in the 80s.