Buyer's Agent

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Buyer's Agent

Post by alpha_glamourina »

Beermo wrote: don't know if it's common or not, but i didn't pay the one i used anything. he split the commish with the broker. i have heard that is the norm, but don't actually know if it's true.
I thought that was how it's always been done too.  Anytime i've bought a house, i've gone the buyer's agent route, and my experience was the same as yours- I didn't have to pay anything either; they split the commission. 
Angel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Angel »

Most brokerage firms charge their agents a transaction fee (in addition to many other fees).  In my experience, this is usually in the mid $300s.  Some agents pass this along to their clients, whether by their own choice or because it's required to be passed along by their brokerage. 

Everyone wants their income and the brokerage is no different.  If you ask your agent to waive this fee, your agent is the one that will have to pay it instead.  And for some agents who have to give a big chunk of their commission to their brokerage already, this can be a big dent in their paycheck.  Talk to your agent about it if it concerns you.  I usually don't make my buyers pay the fee, but I had a client once offer to pay half of it for me.  I thought that was pretty cool.
jwalker
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by jwalker »

I would be more than happy to talk to anyone one on one with any of your real estate questions. I have been in the business for 7 years and 3 of them just doing urban condos and lofts.

Jessica Walker
jessicawalker.cbkc.com  Urban Living Center