Cold Storage Lofts

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
davetheknave613
Surface Lot

Re: Cold Storage Lofts

Post by davetheknave613 »

I don't think I've ever noticed anything over a 7:1 ratio of funk on the HOA bridge, or when I toured Cold Storage, but I'll keep the numbers in mind in case I ever do.
When I toured the complex I noticed nothing on the level of the posts I have read here.  I'm sure that there has been some improvement, but I'm also sure that some of the people who complained about the apartments before are full of shit.  I have even read comments about the walls being too thin, and anyone who has actually been in one of those apartments can tell immediately that's complete nonsense.  I only saw one can in a hallway, it was one of the common hallways, and it's saturday morning.
That being said, the polished concrete floors really aren't all that polished, and where's the exposed brick?  But you still get more than you pay for if you meet the affordable housing terms.
maec55
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by maec55 »

Columbus Park residents have heal several meetings with folks from the EPA and the Starch company to try and work on something to abate the smell. The last meeting - I think - was back in Feb. Might be worth checking with some of the residents there to see what they already have in the works.

Unrelated to the smell (which I find on the west side I smell the coffee plant more than anything), I'd have to say things have improved dramatically in the past six to eight months.

Fewer problems with crazy residents and most of the residetns causing problems seemed to have moved on. Even maintenance have gotten better.

This past weekend the shelving in my closet collapsed - which seems to be happening all over the building according to the super - and within two days they had a whole new set of wood shelves (not that terrible wire) in place and sturdier than ever.

I've been impressed - now if only we could get the damned dog owners to pick up the dog crap. That is probably my only gripe about the place.
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

maec55 wrote:
I've been impressed - now if only we could get the damned dog owners to pick up the dog crap. That is probably my only gripe about the place.
As a dog owner, that sparked my initial interest in moving there. It's sad that a few irresponsible owners ruin it for the rest....

Are they still excepting all size dogs? Years back I remember reading reviews about the apartments in the Jazz District and how awful the smells were from the dog feces being left in halls. That and the marijuana being smoked in the halls was the only comments anyone made about the place. That quickly ended the pet friendly policies.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

maec55 wrote:
This is my "pet" peeve too.  I see dog shit around every neighborhood of downtown.

The places where dogs in residency is working involves the participation of the tenants in correcting bad behavior.  Property managers can not always be there to figure out which owners are being negligent and the other tenants in a building bring a lot more eyes to the situation.  If neighbors tell the offender to clean up after their dog the bad behavior will cease.

If you're not comfortable with confrontation, note a description of the dog and the owner and share it with management so they can deal with it.

If I'm cruising thru an area and see someone not picking up, I let them know that they are low lifes.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

loftguy wrote: This is my "pet" peeve too.  I see dog shit around every neighborhood of downtown.
There are a ton of people who have never lived in an urban environment before and have to idea what it means to "curb your dog."