Downtown Delivery

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
earthling
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Downtown Delivery

Postby earthling » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:13 pm

DoorDash, another food delivery service from San Fran started today for Downtown, Midtown and OP, with metro expansion coming later.

Large list of participating restaurants in KC...
https://www.doordash.com/

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... arket.html

scooterj
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Postby scooterj » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Yet another delivery business with goofy delivery parameters.

I can use this to order from a restaurant across the street from my wife's office, 5 miles away from my office.

She puts in her address and gets a message that there are no nearby restaurants that they deliver from.

WoodDraw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Postby WoodDraw » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 pm

gsgeo wrote:
earthling wrote:
earthling wrote:ClusterTruck is now officially open downtown, a sort of food truck delivery hybrid that has an onprem kitchen. A delivery only kitchen I suppose. Sounds like you have to meet driver at curb, not delivered at your door. Based out of Indy, expanded to OH, KC and Denver...
https://cityscenekc.com/clustertruck-pr ... -location/

KC online menu looks good: Thai to Mexi to burgers to breakfast delivery...
https://kansas-city.clustertruck.com/menu

Use it or lose it.

Anyone try this yet? I'm too far away.

I tried it earlier this week. They actually have a 'beta' program in KC, where you can sign up to be a tester: https://beta.clustertruck.com. I got approval to be a tester in a matter of hours, which was good for $15 of free food.

I think the food is fairly expensive for what you get. I got the black bean burger with tater tots, which ended up to be just shy of $15 (excluding tip) and the quality was just okay. I may try another dish since it would be pretty convenient while I'm at work. I was able to receive the food in under 30 minutes in the East Crossroads, so that was nice. I do like that they update you on the progress, kind of similar to dominoes website. The delivery driver was also friendly.

I finally tried it and this is basically my review too. The service was great and quick, but the food was just average for what you're paying. I hope they can make it because I'd definitely use it occasionally. But I have doubts.

smh
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Postby smh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:28 am

For my delivery dollar, Grubhub remains the best. $2.99 delivery from KokoThai, usually in under 30 minutes. It's fantastic.

wahoowa
Strip mall
Strip mall

Postby wahoowa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:24 pm

wow, 30 minutes at kokothai? i'd pay grubhub $3 to get food that quickly while i sit at a table there :D

shinatoo
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Postby shinatoo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:21 pm

wahoowa wrote:wow, 30 minutes at kokothai? i'd pay grubhub $3 to get food that quickly while i sit at a table there :D

True, but worth the wait.
Quocunque Jeceris Stabit

brewcrew1000
Penntower
Penntower

Postby brewcrew1000 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:39 pm

I just used grub hub for the first this past weekend for bay boy sandwiches and I loved it. They were very responsive and the restaurant ran out of something so grub hub called me for the change i wanted and they gave me a 5 dollar credit for the inconvenience.
I like postmates but its so damn expensive

smh
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Postby smh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:55 pm

wahoowa wrote:wow, 30 minutes at kokothai? i'd pay grubhub $3 to get food that quickly while i sit at a table there :D

I know! I got kokothai again last night and it was the same situation ~30 minutes. It's crazy.

P.S. I suspect this is why it takes so long at the restaurant....

shinatoo
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Postby shinatoo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:24 pm

Just did my first Grubhub order, and my first cancelation, and my first $5 apology credit. That said, I'm a dirty suburbanite and only have one place I can order from. So there's that.
Quocunque Jeceris Stabit

wahoowa
Strip mall
Strip mall

Postby wahoowa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:12 pm

smh wrote:

I know! I got kokothai again last night and it was the same situation ~30 minutes. It's crazy.

P.S. I suspect this is why it takes so long at the restaurant....

anything that keeps them open. that food is damn good

Return to “Urban Living”