Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light

Re: Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Post by KCPowercat » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:09 am

ST...I know your focus is p&l but don't forget all of downtown has grown...So a clothing store isn't going to succeed or fail based on one cordish tower.

As a drone office lunch person, I can tell you...The decisions made by groups for lunch isn't fast food vs. Bristol.

aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:20 am

When you consider the number of clothing retailers completely closing its stores or reducing the number of stores I doubt you will see a chain coming soon.

taxi
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by taxi » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:58 am

RD4L would rock the P&L.

grovester
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by grovester » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:26 am

taxi wrote:RD4L would rock the P&L.
I've seen stranger things.

earthling
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by earthling » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:30 am

aknowledgeableperson wrote:When you consider the number of clothing retailers completely closing its stores or reducing the number of stores I doubt you will see a chain coming soon.
It's just the 'outdated' ones. Most branded clothing stores are trends so may only have 5 to maybe 10 year lifespan, at least at a broad scale. But then more popup, not really a biggy for retail spaces as rotation is expected. Downtown needs more clothing/apparel stores whether in P&L or not, whether brand stores or not.

And yeah downtown could use one that sells cheap clothing (ahem, like Ross). I was in Denver years ago for an IT training class, didn't have a jacket with me and was windy/chillier than expected. Was able to pickup a cheap light windbreaker at Ross (gasp) while staying downtown. Consentino's could carry some cheap wind/rain gear, emergency socks/underwear for visitors, etc.. Many general retailers of any kind across downtown need to also sell cheap small umbrellas, including coffee shops. I've noticed in NYC most any kind of retailer will sell umbrellas (shown in window) useful to pickup if a rainstorm appears unexpectedly - and it brings people into a store who may not otherwise ever check it out.

KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light

Post by KCPowercat » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:14 pm

Jones store made it for decades with a much worse off downtown.

smh
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by smh » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:48 pm

StrangerThings wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:ST...I know your focus is p&l but don't forget all of downtown has grown...So a clothing store isn't going to succeed or fail based on one cordish tower.

As a drone office lunch person, I can tell you...The decisions made by groups for lunch isn't fast food vs. Bristol.
I'm more referring to fast food vs Johhnys, Mcfaddens etc. If you look at what clothing stores work now, they work for very specific reasons. Joseph Bank works because of all the downtown business folks. Rally House works because it's sports and we have enough events downtown to drive traffic. The garment district is an awesome little store that does well but the GM tells me most of her business comes from the tourist market still. Even taking into consideration all of downtown, I just don't think we are ready at this point to support a mainstream clothing store. Just my opionion and I wouldn't be mad if I was wrong!
Agreed, though I too wouldn't be mad if you were wrong. ;)

KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light

Post by KCPowercat » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Not sure we can claim rally house works after a month in business. I personally think they should have went next to jos a bank but nobody asked me not cares

KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light

Post by KCPowercat » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:09 pm

It definitely is a big store. Hoping they tweak their content some...I don't see them selling that much ku basketball gear all year round. More KC themed stuff would do well.