Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Post by KCPowercat »

ST...I know your focus is p&l but don't forget all of downtown has grown...So a clothing store isn't going to succeed or fail based on one cordish tower.

As a drone office lunch person, I can tell you...The decisions made by groups for lunch isn't fast food vs. Bristol.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

When you consider the number of clothing retailers completely closing its stores or reducing the number of stores I doubt you will see a chain coming soon.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

RD4L would rock the P&L.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

taxi wrote:RD4L would rock the P&L.
I've seen stranger things.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:When you consider the number of clothing retailers completely closing its stores or reducing the number of stores I doubt you will see a chain coming soon.
It's just the 'outdated' ones. Most branded clothing stores are trends so may only have 5 to maybe 10 year lifespan, at least at a broad scale. But then more popup, not really a biggy for retail spaces as rotation is expected. Downtown needs more clothing/apparel stores whether in P&L or not, whether brand stores or not.

And yeah downtown could use one that sells cheap clothing (ahem, like Ross). I was in Denver years ago for an IT training class, didn't have a jacket with me and was windy/chillier than expected. Was able to pickup a cheap light windbreaker at Ross (gasp) while staying downtown. Consentino's could carry some cheap wind/rain gear, emergency socks/underwear for visitors, etc.. Many general retailers of any kind across downtown need to also sell cheap small umbrellas, including coffee shops. I've noticed in NYC most any kind of retailer will sell umbrellas (shown in window) useful to pickup if a rainstorm appears unexpectedly - and it brings people into a store who may not otherwise ever check it out.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Jones store made it for decades with a much worse off downtown.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

StrangerThings wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:ST...I know your focus is p&l but don't forget all of downtown has grown...So a clothing store isn't going to succeed or fail based on one cordish tower.

As a drone office lunch person, I can tell you...The decisions made by groups for lunch isn't fast food vs. Bristol.
I'm more referring to fast food vs Johhnys, Mcfaddens etc. If you look at what clothing stores work now, they work for very specific reasons. Joseph Bank works because of all the downtown business folks. Rally House works because it's sports and we have enough events downtown to drive traffic. The garment district is an awesome little store that does well but the GM tells me most of her business comes from the tourist market still. Even taking into consideration all of downtown, I just don't think we are ready at this point to support a mainstream clothing store. Just my opionion and I wouldn't be mad if I was wrong!
Agreed, though I too wouldn't be mad if you were wrong. ;)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Not sure we can claim rally house works after a month in business. I personally think they should have went next to jos a bank but nobody asked me not cares
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

It definitely is a big store. Hoping they tweak their content some...I don't see them selling that much ku basketball gear all year round. More KC themed stuff would do well.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

horizons82
New York Life
New York Life

Post by horizons82 »

It says he's going into the Live block, is something closing? They just announced that Karaoke bar, so where's the available space?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Maybe they finally took my advice and will make the Irish place half what it should be....otherwise I'd guess Cleaver & Cork.
KCRat
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KCRat »

http://www.powerandlightdistrict.com/ea ... taco-joint

Address says 1333 Grand Boulevard which would technically be on the other side of the street/in Sprint Center? 1333 Walnut is Cleaver and Cork...

Regarding Hotel Karoake's space:
http://www.powerandlightdistrict.com/ea ... el-karaoke
Designed by internationally-acclaimed Knauer Incorporated under the direction of Marc Knauer, the new venue will undergo more than $500,000 worth of expansion and renovation work of the former Hotel Night Club space including expanding into previously unfinished space. While the space is undergoing an extensive transformation and reformatting, guests may still recognize a few of the original Hotel’s beloved design elements originally created by Studio Collective, a world-renowned design agency based in Santa Monica, CA, including its American Deco backbar and the structure of the iconic marquee sign on the corner of 13th Street and Grand Blvd.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

beloved designs of the bar open 6 months.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 pm Maybe they finally took my advice and will make the Irish place half what it should be....otherwise I'd guess Cleaver & Cork.
It is Cleaver and Cork. That place didn't last long. Wonder if Guy Fieri can deliver the high profile restaurant the P&L district has always lacked (I guess Country Road Ice House kind of already fills that requirement at least locally high profile)
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Ah, the sweet irony of the man made famous by touring "diners, drive-ins, and dives" opening a huge restaurant on the Live block in partnership with his sleek corporate overlords, Cordish.

That being said, I'll check it out and hope it is a success. That space needs something solid. I'm probably the minority here but I still miss Maker's Mark - liked the clean interior design, large selection of bourbon and bourbon lockers. Food was OK, not great, same as Cleaver & Cork IMO.

Now that I think about it, I have a P&L Greatest Hits going in my head for some of the old spots long gone - AMC Mainstreet, Maker's Mark, Fran's Diner...

And slightly off topic but re: tacos, I STILL think a Mi Cocina would just kill it in/near P&L. Want Cordish to investigate...
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Address is on grand. Not c&c
horizons82
New York Life
New York Life

Post by horizons82 »

My bet is McFadden's then, which is 1330 Grand.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Guess kshb story says it is c&c... Guess the address on the site is just a placeholder
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:17 am Address is on grand. Not c&c
I've read it will occupy the C&C space in a couple of different news feeds. Here's one: https://fox4kc.com/2018/10/11/food-netw ... Nw_C91Pd68

Journalists are know to get things wrong though