"Truman Blvd"??

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: "Truman Blvd"??

Post by KC-wildcat »

KCPowercat wrote: Yeah but who is going to do that?

I was just looking for another reason to cap the loop.
haha.  I know.  And I agree. 
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

the star says it went into the trench at locust.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Collison: A few finishing touches needed in South Loop
Last spring, Mainstreet Theater opened after a $25 million renovation that transformed what was once a blighted embarrassment into a downtown redevelopment star.

It's a pity the job remains unfinished four months later. Not the historic building at 14th and Main streets. It's the rest of the block that remains shabby.

The corner at Main and Truman Road next to the theater is a gravel lot with a couple of concrete barricades haphazardly added for good measure.

West along Truman up to Baltimore Avenue is a scraggly embankment of rubble and weeds. It borders a temporary parking lot used by Hilton President Hotel guests before its garage opened two years ago.

Another chunk of unfinished South Loop business lingers by the new Cosentino's Market Downtown, which opened in January. The empty corner at 13th and Walnut streets is where the Cordish Co. wants to build a high-rise condo-hotel project.

Right now, it's a gravel lot.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Sounds like Cordish will be fixing the rough edges, but turning these lots into more surface parking.  :?  At least it will look a little nicer.  Since Cordish will be owning the new surface lots, it shouldn't be a problem to build new buildings on them when the time is right.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

only 11 spaces next to mainstreet? that must be the lot that faces main/truman, not the larger one to the west that faces baltimore/truman/14th (which is also quite shabby).

i'm afraid it must all come down to money: the city's in the red, so they're playing games since cordish would get the parking revenue (the city gets the revenue from the garages, right?).