P+L Tenant Rumors

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: P+L Tenant Rumors

Post by KCPowercat »

"you people"?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by KCFan »

I don't know if these rumors were already posted on here, but some of the places that I've heard that are supposed to be coming include a comedy club, spa, and some sort of indoor market with a variety of different vendors.  It didn't sound like there's any exciting true retail coming.
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

a comedy club would be a cool addition
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

KCFan wrote: I don't know if these rumors were already posted on here, but some of the places that I've heard that are supposed to be coming include a comedy club, spa, and some sort of indoor market with a variety of different vendors.  It didn't sound like there's any exciting true retail coming.
yep, all have been mentioned earlier in this thread.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/4028

Just four months after opening, Savvy Coffee & Wine Bar may be shutting its doors for good.

The shop opened in the Kansas City Power & Light District in mid-May, boasting one of the city?s most unique retail designs and good customer feedback.

But "sales are not anywhere close to what we projected," said Richelle Broshous, owner.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

that's not a rumor, and it's already being discussed in the 12th and Main thread.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
dojo06
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by dojo06 »

THE KANSAS CITY POWER & LIGHT DISTRICT INVITES YOU TO A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FRIDAY
TO REVEAL EIGHT NEW LOCALLY-OWNED RETAIL TENANTS

Nick Benjamin, Executive Director of the Kansas City Power & Light District, will make an important announcement Friday morning regarding the District?s newest retail tenants. Altogether, the District will be adding eight retailers occupying, in total, more than 5,000 square feet. All eight tenants will be open in time for the Big 12 Tournament next March.

Details:

Date:                Friday, December 4, 2009

Time:                11:30 a.m.

One half-block north of the AMC Mainstreet Theatre on Main Street
Directly to the North of Zafar Boutique, Spa & Salon

Parking:            Free parking is available with validation at the KC Live! and Main Street (adjacent to Cosentino?s Market) parking garages (up to three hours). In addition, $2 cash parking is available for the surface parking lot on Baltimore behind the AMC Mainstreet Theatre. Remember to take your parking ticket with you.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

5,000 square feet is tiny for 8 stores. i'm assuming the announcement will be garment district (7 local brands inside) + polished edge.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

dojo06 wrote: All eight tenants will be open in time for the Big 12 Tournament next March.
and closed in April.
:P
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: and closed in April.
:P

Heyooo!  You'd like that wouldn't you?
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

I'm pleased that Cordish is able to sign new tenants at a time when very few others - nationwide - are.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

KC-wildcat wrote:
Heyooo!  You'd like that wouldn't you?
NOPE.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

trailerkid wrote: 5,000 square feet is tiny for 8 stores. i'm assuming the announcement will be garment district (7 local brands inside) + polished edge.
Yep.

Boutiques headed to P&L District
Rachel Pheffer, who operates an online design business called Urbantique, plans to open her first brick-and-mortar store in The Garment District....

The other boutiques are:

?City Girls, a contemporary women's boutique with locations in Gardner and Salina, Kan.

?Denim Couture, men's and women's contemporary clothing. It has a location in Overland Park.

?Imagery, the second area location for the designer clothing store for men and women. The shop was a Westport mainstay for 25 years before new owners relocated to Mission Farms in Leawood.

Co-owner Roberta Brown said: "We had a twofold reason for opening: to let the inner-city core know we are still around, and there are so many businesspeople working downtown and they need places to shop on their lunch hour."

?Label, the first location for the men?s boutique offering one-of-a-kind T's, button-ups and designer denim.

?Polka Dot Petals, the first location for the men's and women's boutique. It will offer such brands as Nicole Lee and Chinese Laundry.

?Two Chic Blvd., a women?s boutique that has one location in Overland Park....

Cordish on Thursday also said that The Polished Edge is coming to the Power & Light District.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

Wow. This actually looks like a very cool and hip development and I intend to check it out when they are all up and running.  Yes, 5,000 sq ft seems small for a plethora of stores but boutiques usually are small and have carry much smaller inventories. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Kansas City Power & Light District announces new tenants
With the newly announced tenants, the project will have 22 locally owned businesses and 10 minority and woman-owned businesses, the release said.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
phna
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by phna »

Chef burger closes

http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/5546

in the comments section of that web page I found this"

"Does anyone realize that NONE of the Power & Light restaurants except ChefBurger have been paying rent? They are only paying INTEREST on their rent! ChefBurger was the only P&L restaurant actually paying rent, so Cordish kept raising it because they were the cash cow. The owner finally had enough and closed. Just wait until the other restaurants start closing...tumbleweeds."

Is there any objective evidence to the assertion that "None" of the P&L restaurants were paying rent?
Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.

Jean Paul Sartre
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Check your source there.  :D
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by ColumbusParkian »

that's about the most ignorant thing i've ever heard. That would mean that Flying Saucer, Johnny's, Howl at the Moon, Raglan Road, Gordon Biersch, Lucky Strike, Ted's Montana Grill, Famous Dave's, 801 Chophouse, The Bristol, Fran's, Peachtree, Chipotle, The Mixx, Ghengis Grill, and Kobe were ALL not paying rent, as those are all of the non-Cordish restaurant tenants.
phna
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by phna »

Chefburger, 1350 Walnut St., and Chipotle Mexican Grill, 1370 Walnut, were closed after an inspection following a complaint.

Inspectors found that the sewage lines from these two establishments had been redirected to empty into a 200-gallon tank in the building?s garage area, which was overflowing.

http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/6255
Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.

Jean Paul Sartre
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

that's mind boggling, sounds like a bit more than a tenant finish issue