Fox 4 article on the arena issue

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

Fox 4 last night at 6 did an excellent story about the arena issue. They did a short peice on the anti-arena side, then did a very in-depth story on, not only the arena, but all the construction and residential move ins downtown. It was excellent. the talked about the many loft conversions, they showed the office buildings, the residents, the library, the entertainment district, lots of things. They interviewed architects and others involved in the revitalization of downtown. They really talked up all the activity going on downtown, and how the arena will only accelerate this development. It was great!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

PLEASE tell me Steve Shaw reported on this story. that guy is without a doubt the most insane, out of control TV reporter i've ever seen.

as an example, here is an exchange i witnessed a couple years ago on the 10:00 news. Shaw was standing outside the KCMO School District HQ waiting for the board to adjourn a long, important meeting:

Anchor: FOX4's Steve Shaw is live at the KCMO School District. Steve, what's going on down there?

Steve: (stares blankly, because the audio feed to the studio isn't working)

Anchor: Well, it looks like ---

Steve: (finally receiving studio transmission, but yelling for some reason) YEAH PHIL THEY ARE REALLY BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL HERE AT DISTRICT HEADQUAR-----

Anchor: Steve? Steve? You're cutting out. We seem to be having difficult - - --

Steve: (thinking they've gone to a commercial break) WELL IT ISNT MY FAULT!!!!!!! JEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me, at home eating Cheez-Its: (falls off the couch laughing)
kcteen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by kcteen »

that's awesome tat. their coverage the other night was pathetic at best.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

Steve Shaw is a mimbo if I ever saw one.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Steve Shaw lives (or used to live) in Quality Hill and is one of the few TV reporters with an actual clue about what downtown is really like. His downtown stories usuallly include accurate info the growing population and new development.

The only other reporter I've heard of living downtown is Channel 5's Steve Chamraz in the River Market, but he mostly does the senstionalistic investigation stories.

I just wish Channel 4 put more news on their web site, especially video. They produce more news product than any station, but have the least useful web site.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

steve-O gets props for living downtown.

speaking of FOX4, i think that their intro sequence CGI "flyover" through downtown is a LOT like the CGI renderings and flyovers of the P+L Live stuff.