P&L District: 13th & Main Site Proposal

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Re: P&L District: 13th & Main Site Proposal

Post by dnweava »

earthling wrote:^Maybe SS can replace BK some day.
no thanks. I like having a cheap fast food burger chain downtown for lunch. We already have enough $10 burgers downtown, lets keep 1 place where you can eat lunch for $4 downtown. BK > Wendy's >>>>> McD
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

New tenant for H&R Block retail space:

grecobs
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by grecobs »

BOOM get that ground floor retail in baby!
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

mema's closed at some point in the past couple months. i go there for bring snacks to the office day and today they were closed and their website no longer lists this location. last snack day was right before christmas, i think.

not the highest profile bakery closing in the downtown area, but i'm a little sad. was cool to see a local place making it work in p&L, and i grew up close to the mema's near washington high in kck so always got a kick out of it being a mema's specifically
jbean3535
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jbean3535 »

It is with a very heavy heart I announce that after 10 years, I have decided to close our Power and Light location.

Two years ago, I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that makes me allergic to gluten, which is in flour. As a result, I can no longer operate the bakery without continuing to put my health at risk. I have dedicated my entire life to building the bakery along with my mother and grandmother (MeMa). This has been one of the most difficult decisions that I have had to make, and I did not make it lightly.

I find it difficult to explain what it is like to live with my autoimmune disease, this article may help you understand:

https://themighty.com/…/a-letter-to-fri ... family-abo…/

While my journey is taking me away from the bakery, my mother will continue to operate the original MeMa’s at 7634 Leavenworth Rd. in Kansas City, Kansas.

I want to thank The Cordish Company and Power and Light District for the generous opportunity they have afforded me over the last 10 years. I want to also thank my MeMa, who I miss very much and I hope she is proud of me for making this incredibly difficult decision. I am excited to take what I have learned from her, my mother and this business and use those lessons wherever my life takes me next.

Happy Holidays to you and your families. Thank you for allowing me and my bakery to be apart of your lives.

-Cassie
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

that's so sad. thanks for sharing.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Is it just me, or is everyone getting diagnosed with Hashimoto's lately? I feel like this is the perfect storm of something that needs to be used to improve the nexus of how we join healthcare systems, food systems, diet, food ingredients, and environmentalism. People go from making fun of gluten free, lactose free, organic, etc., to an extreme appreciation for those things very quickly nowadays.