Six Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Six Light

Post by WoodDraw »

Didn't someone try to plan a meetup at one point? I think someone got into a debate over if we should put our usernames on a nametag or real names and I decided the amount of alcohol I'd have to drink is unhealthy. This was like a decade ago though.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

WoodDraw wrote:Didn't someone try to plan a meetup at one point? I think someone got into a debate over if we should put our usernames on a nametag or real names and I decided the amount of alcohol I'd have to drink is unhealthy. This was like a decade ago though.
Probably the closest to a recent meetup of anything pro-KC online activists would be the two streetcar celebrations. I met a number of people between both.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

beautyfromashes wrote:Maybe, we should shut down the thread about Im2Kull being Sly James. I’d hate to out the mayor. No one outed ST, he outed himself. Told where he worked, what he did and who he worked for. Even said he had tantamount approval to post with his supervisors.
Im2Kull came out of nowhere to claim being the mayor. If the person is truly the mayor, they are fine with us knowing.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

I can't wait for Janelle Monae to start posting on this board!
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

ldai_phs wrote: Im2Kull came out of nowhere to claim being the mayor. If the person is truly the mayor, they are fine with us knowing.
Sorry, forgot the & symbol on that post.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

flyingember wrote:
TheLastGentleman wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:I'm going to stand on the corner of 14th & Walnut with a boombox over my head and "StrangerThings" sign on my neck.
Is this what the KCRag Official Meetup is going to look like?
Creepy and desperate -or- just not trendy enough so as to be interesting?
I think I'll pass.
Last edited by TheLastGentleman on Tue May 15, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

flyingember wrote:
WoodDraw wrote:Didn't someone try to plan a meetup at one point? I think someone got into a debate over if we should put our usernames on a nametag or real names and I decided the amount of alcohol I'd have to drink is unhealthy. This was like a decade ago though.
Probably the closest to a recent meetup of anything pro-KC online activists would be the two streetcar celebrations. I met a number of people between both.
Sidebar, I proposed to my wife beneath Liberty Memorial the night of the streetcar opening celebration. Thanks for the free ambience, DaveKCMO!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

You are quite welcome!

Now, back on topic!
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

Is the topic still the glass?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

chingon wrote:Is the topic still the glass?
Lol

I'm still confused on what and where this project is exactly tbh.

Are we still going with it being the HRBlock 2 space?
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Yes, we can now discuss the glass freely.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Bummer he left, but I saw that coming as I'm sure many others did too. He kind of brought it on himself by being somewhat the aggressor by blowing off issues we thought were important or calling people out that didn't agree with him, but when people started talking about his real identity, it was just a matter of days.

I thought it was cool that he really didn't put on a show. He was just another member of the forum that cared about the city. We got the perspective from a real developer who is there to make money first.

Good thing is he will still read the forums. The guy truly seems to have the best interest of KC at heart. He won't be able to stay away from these forums. So hopefully he continues to take constructive criticism back to his co-workers.

Despite all my criticisms, I still applaud cordish for what they have and continue to do for Downtown.
Last edited by GRID on Wed May 16, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

TheLastGentleman wrote:Yes, we can now discuss the glass freely.
Though the controversy has been plans for 6 rather mundane buildings looking about the same, not specifically about glass. But since it's all glass...
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

WoodDraw wrote: I'm still confused on what and where this project is exactly tbh.
So we know the two lots along Truman have towers earmarked
As a count, that's to #4

The 1300 block of Main takes us to #5

The midland has a short tower but it was on the list before 6 towers were being discussed. Name wise it could make sense, logically I'm not so sure.

The buildings south of the P&L building (14th W of Baltimore) could be a spot. DST owns this land and they've talked about selling. If #4 doesn't become a hotel this spot is well positioned with both the streetcar and convention district for this purpose.

The auto repair shop p;arcel at Truman/Main seems like another good candidate. It's physically about the same size as the P&L building.