Three Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Three Light

Post by GRID »

ldai_phs wrote:
GRID wrote:I don't see 300 million mentioned in the article. Where are you guys getting that from? If Three Light is a 300 million dollar project on that site then it would have to be a 35 story plus mixed used tower and probably have some retail too. Nothing else makes sense. That would be amazing if a 300 million dollar project went up there. That would be a skyline/downtown changing project like the proposed NuCLEus project in Cleveland.

Also as far as a new "tower" in Crown Center. It seems like everything over 4 stories is called a "tower" in the KC press. It's actually very annoying to me. A new 4 story block long office building going up in Lenexa is called a Tower in the BJ articles. lol.

Can't wait to see the 3-light renderings. If it's a true 300 million project, it will deviate away from the possible "Cordish wall" that I think could look terrible from the south if not addressed.
Its like the title
They must of changed it. It now says it's a 130 million dollar project which sounds about right per the renderings that came out last year.
jasty5
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jasty5 »

There is another version of the 3-Light article on the website that still says $130M. Not to be Debbie Downer, but I think they’ve just transposed the 300 units and said $300M in error...
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

jasty5 wrote:There is another version of the 3-Light article on the website that still says $130M. Not to be Debbie Downer, but I think they’ve just transposed the 300 units and said $300M in error...
Yea, sounds like it. Bummer. I was envisioning at major signature high profile tower going up there for a bit. Chances are it will be just like Two light with one or two more floors.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCPowercat wrote:P&l busy choke points like Midland and 14th Street valet constantly interrupt the streetcar
both fixable, i'm happy to report. just need to be persistent.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Bummer, $300M would've been a nice cherry on top.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

kboish wrote:The most interesting quote from the article is non-three light related.
Matt Zammar of Re/MAX Legacy, one of the area's leading condo agents, recently advised Winters that a developer plans at least one new condo tower in the Crown Center area.
Nice catch. Might post over in CC thread.

Interesting to see confidence in condo market returning, especially direct build rather than apt conversion. The Plaza condo market seems to be pretty healthy now.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

StrangerThings wrote:Dave, what are the issues? Have they been conveyed to the districts director of operations?
yes.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: If they are planning on going condo, they might be looking at higher end finishes and amenities.
It mentions Cordish is considering up to 10% of units for sale/condo, so will be interesting if they do higher end finishes than rental units. If they decide to head into sales, they could potentially offer some One/Two Light units as condo as well anytime they want. Is not surprising they aren't doing 100% condo for Three as that might require selling at least 50% of units before starting construction. That could be a challenge with the CC condo building mentioned, they too might need to do a combo to start with.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Lol blaming pedestrians.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

GRID wrote:I don't see 300 million mentioned in the article. Where are you guys getting that from? If Three Light is a 300 million dollar project on that site then it would have to be a 35 story plus mixed used tower and probably have some retail too. Nothing else makes sense. That would be amazing if a 300 million dollar project went up there. That would be a skyline/downtown changing project like the proposed NuCLEus project in Cleveland.

Also as far as a new "tower" in Crown Center. It seems like everything over 4 stories is called a "tower" in the KC press. It's actually very annoying to me. A new 4 story block long office building going up in Lenexa is called a Tower in the BJ articles. lol.

Can't wait to see the 3-light renderings. If it's a true 300 million project, it will deviate away from the possible "Cordish wall" that I think could look terrible from the south if not addressed.
A real tower at Crown Center is not too far fetched. The demand is there and Crown Center has parcels preplanned for that use
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'll put pedestrians at like 10th of the list of things delaying streetcar and the only one of 10 that is an overall positive.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Sorry to get this off topic. Not the place....
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

I would be happy if people would stop dropping their significant others off in front of HnR Block on Main and then decide to roll down the passenger window to have a quick chat/goodbye/have a great day bullshit talk. [-o<
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'm fine discussing...I got it off topic bringing it up in this specific thread
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote:For comparison to another Cordish project, all of Ballpark Village Phase 2 in St. Louis is listed at $260M. It includes a 29 story apartment tower, an office building (don't know if there is anything official, but renderings look like a 9 story building with ground floor retail), an 8 story 216-room hotel, plus another 2 story retail/entertainment building.
I live in STL and I can say that the Tower is 29 floors, the Office Building is anchored by PWC and will be 10 floors tall (6 parking, 4 office). There will be an 8 Floor Loews Hotel and a 3 Floor retail building anchored by One Life Fitness. $260 Million is a hefty price tag and if that is what STL is getting, and $130 Million of it is going towards the Residential Tower, then I expect Three Light to be 30 floors just like the tower in STL.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

When does this go to council?
cityscape
New York Life
New York Life

Post by cityscape »

Tomorrow, I believe
cityscape
New York Life
New York Life

Post by cityscape »

Was this presented? Do we know when we'll see a rendering?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

cityscape wrote:Was this presented? Do we know when we'll see a rendering?
If it is going to council this week then that is today (Thursday). So...TBD?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Business session is 1pm...maybe there.