P&L District in 2020...

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

P&L District in 2020...

Post by GRID »

Urban development in KCMO is finally starting to gain some traction again. Residential is super hot, hotels rooms are being added and there is even talk of new office space. Downtown KC really seems like it's finally about to take off.

So I put this crude rendering together of what the P&L District area could look like in only five or six years.

Pretty impressive considering what that same view looked like in 2005 (massive area of parking lots, haunted houses etc).

Hopefully the cordish towers will look better than what I have here, but it does show how developed the area could become in the near future and this is if no other developers propose anything. I think KC will start seeing out of town developers proposing towers soon. Lots of people doing projects in Denver, Austin, Minneapolis, Dallas etc that are going to notice KC's rents are up etc.

Anyway, good to see KC doing well. I have waited a very long time to see this happen.

Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: P&L District in 2020...

Post by Demosthenes »

Cool rendering. You forgot the apartments/ garage being added north of the Power and Light building. And it hasn't been proposed yet, but I'm hoping that the Truman Boulevard/ capping of the loop will be happening by then :D

A man can dream right?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Just getting in 2 Light will do so much aesthetically for the skyline---finally something to balance out the sore thumb attic of the ATT longline building. Now the challenge will be to get the parking lot deserts of the north and east loops filled in. Maybe having all those blocks already cleared will be a delayed blessing in that the land will not need to be condemned and there are few owners. When Towne Pavillion was being developed there were literally dozens of owners and out of town heirs with property interests in that block.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

moderne wrote:Just getting in 2 Light will do so much aesthetically for the skyline---finally something to balance out the sore thumb attic of the ATT longline building. Now the challenge will be to get the parking lot deserts of the north and east loops filled in. Maybe having all those blocks already cleared will be a delayed blessing in that the land will not need to be condemned and there are few owners. When Towne Pavillion was being developed there were literally dozens of owners and out of town heirs with property interests in that block.
Yeah, it's too bad the boozy lunches in past times have gone out of fashion. :lol: