Two Light - 14th & Grand

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Two Light - 14th & Grand

Post by GRID »

Would love to see more progress photos of this and other projects across the city.
NorthOak
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthOak »

Eric Bowers Drone Photography
http://ericbowers.photoshelter.com

aknowledgeableperson is currently on your ignore list.
You will no longer see any of her posts.
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life

Post by LCDSI »

it's hard to imagine that a little over a decade ago the power and light district was just a sea of parking lots. glad to see my hometown making a comeback! I'm looking forward to seeing the skyline a few years from now when the remaining towers and hotel are finished.
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

Two Light still has 14 more floors to go up! That's going to be a large presence.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

ground level glass is partially in. if you're downtown go to the Truman and Walnut corner
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Rally house^2
KCTOGA
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCTOGA »

StrangerThings wrote:A combination of pouring the pools and weather slowed progress over the last few weeks, but overall the project is on time. Several new retail tenants will be announced over the next few weeks, including some very modern and progressive concepts.
Thanks for the update Stranger.
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

StrangerThings wrote:A combination of pouring the pools and weather slowed progress over the last few weeks, but overall the project is on time. Several new retail tenants will be announced over the next few weeks, including some very modern and progressive concepts.
As in...a City Target?
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

kclover

Post by KCLover »

JBmidtown wrote:
As in...a City Target?
I heard that same rumor. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Target is planning hundreds of small stores. Could downtown KC qualify with a free streetcar extending the access?
Dense, urban areas and college towns are Target's focus for small-format locations. Fourteen of the 15 stores that Target is opening this year are small-format locations, with recent openings including Philadelphia and Cupertino, Calif.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/201 ... /93952078/
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I don't see Two Light having the space for anything good. It clearly was designed with small shops in mind.

Three Light is a different story. It can still be redesigned to fit a two-story retail store facing Main. A store entrance half a block from the streetcar stop would be a coup for Target and downtown.
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

They could easily design a City Target concept with apartments/offices/restaurants in the north loop or even in the Crossroads.
joshmv
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by joshmv »

This should work if you're logged into facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/twolightkc/vid ... 448634238/
mister816
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by mister816 »

Does anyone know if they still plan to wrap the garage with artwork? I believe they did not take any panels off when they began erecting the garage and now they have vents where the artwork would be according to the rendering.

hgascoigne
Supporter

Post by hgascoigne »

Take a look at the renderings on twolightkc.com. Art is planned for the three floors without windows in your picture and the north wall, I believe.
mister816
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by mister816 »

hgascoigne wrote:Take a look at the renderings on twolightkc.com. Art is planned for the three floors without windows in your picture and the north wall, I believe.
Yea, I know that it's primarily on the north side of the building but it does wrap around the west side and it would take up the top 4 floors of the garage according to the rendering. There are vents where the artwork is on the photo which makes me wonder if it's changed. I'm probably thinking too much into it but I've met the artist and watched him paint it and I would HATE for it to be forgotten.
hgascoigne
Supporter

Post by hgascoigne »

I think the rendering in the video is more inline with what is actually being constructed:

mister816
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by mister816 »

hgascoigne wrote:I think the rendering in the video is more inline with what is actually being constructed:

Thanks, I don't know if i've ever seen or noticed this specific update. This matches exactly what I see. Thanks for clarifying.
mister816
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by mister816 »

oh, one i forgot to post yesterday. I took it with my cellphone at night so it's not the best picture but still... This view from inside of the PNL is going to be amazing when all 4 are done in a few years.

earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

The lower few levels have a pretty drab looking grey facade. Is that the finished product or something going over it? Not a major complaint but about as low brow as it can go.