One Light - 13th & Walnut

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by DaveKCMO »

ULCajun wrote: 2212? Same view as mine from the 24th floor
random empty unit.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

That distant viewshed will be much narrower when Two Light goes up. Restricted to a panorama of scenic southeast side.
hgascoigne
Supporter

Post by hgascoigne »

ULCajun wrote:2212? Same view as mine from the 24th floor
2201 checking in.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

100% LEASED
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

OK Cordish, bring on Light 3 and 4 announcement.
LikesDevelopment
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by LikesDevelopment »

earthling wrote:OK Cordish, bring on Light 3 and 4 announcement.
Has Cordish not already said that they will be breaking ground on 3 Light before 2 Light is complete? To me, that's as firm of a commitment from Cordish as we're likely to get in the near term.

So, what we're really waiting on, is for Cordish to acknowledge that mythical 4 Light / W rendering that's floating around, and provide a timeline for that. Right?
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Cordish has said they will "likely" start construction on 3 light before 2 light opens. They have not said where 3 light will be yet, though. So its possible they do the hotel/apt combo next and then follow up at some TBD time in the future with 4 light. Seems like the smart move to me.
joshmv
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by joshmv »

shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

joshmv wrote:promo video

https://youtu.be/vq9RT1AV3II
Ah, what it must be like to be one of the beautiful people.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

shinatoo wrote:

They're all so wonderfully clean.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

smh wrote:
shinatoo wrote:

They're all so wonderfully clean.
My wife saw this video and was ready to move to KC and rent one. It's well done. I love the views and the nearby amenities. Not sure I'd like the cash flow issues it would create for me given the asking price. Plus, if I am paying that much, I'd rather own.
Last edited by Highlander on Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

LikesDevelopment wrote:
earthling wrote:OK Cordish, bring on Light 3 and 4 announcement.
Has Cordish not already said that they will be breaking ground on 3 Light before 2 Light is complete? To me, that's as firm of a commitment from Cordish as we're likely to get in the near term.

So, what we're really waiting on, is for Cordish to acknowledge that mythical 4 Light / W rendering that's floating around, and provide a timeline for that. Right?
Do they have the financing lined up? That is what is was getting at.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Will 2 Light have the same interior designs as 1 Light? I'm not a fan of the exposed duct work, concrete, basic finishes look. Would prefer to see more high ceilings, crown molding, high end details.
hgascoigne
Supporter

Post by hgascoigne »

beautyfromashes wrote:Will 2 Light have the same interior designs as 1 Light? I'm not a fan of the exposed duct work, concrete, basic finishes look. Would prefer to see more high ceilings, crown molding, high end details.
Power & Light is exactly that, I believe.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

beautyfromashes wrote:Will 2 Light have the same interior designs as 1 Light? I'm not a fan of the exposed duct work, concrete, basic finishes look. Would prefer to see more high ceilings, crown molding, high end details.
I agree beautyfromashes. I'm not a big fan of exposed duct work in residential apartments that are built new. It's okay in older warehouse buildings where it is more of a challenge to complete finished rooms with high ceilings, and that are true loft apartments. There is a certain market for that. And I don't have a huge problem if they do one new apartment tower that way, but I don't think it's wise to do all four in that style.

It goes back to what I have said before with the Power & Light District apartment towers being too similar in what they offer as product--even down to the monolithic consistency of the exterior facades and architecture. One would think they want to provide different products for all segments of the market. And that even comes down to the exterior look of the buildings.

Not all renters or owners will want the same interior finishes. Not all residents like exposed concrete, ducts, pipes, and wiring. Not all customers want floor-to-ceiling glass walls in all the rooms. I would argue that it's more limited market.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

FangKC wrote:
I agree beautyfromashes. I'm not a big fan of exposed duct work in residential apartments that are built new. It's okay in older warehouse buildings where it is more of a challenge to complete finished rooms with high ceilings, and that are true loft apartments. There is a certain market for that. And I don't have a huge problem if they do one new apartment tower that way, but I don't think it's wise to do all four in that style.

It goes back to what I have said before with the Power & Light District apartment towers being too similar in what they offer as product--even down to the monolithic consistency of the exterior facades and architecture. One would think they want to provide different products for all segments of the market. And that even comes down to the exterior look of the buildings.

Not all renters or owners will want the same interior finishes. Not all residents like exposed concrete, ducts, pipes, and wiring. Not all customers want floor-to-ceiling glass walls in all the rooms. I would argue that it's more limited market.
If memory serves me well having similar buildings was a detriment to the original River Hills on 8th St. 2 buildings built at different times with different costs, especially due to inflation, caused the 2nd building to have higher rents than the first one for spaces that were identical to each other. Nobody really wanted in the 2nd building, they preferred the 1st because of the lower rents.
Brodees
Ambassador

Post by Brodees »

Meshuggah Bagels' One Light location set to open in late June.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 58924.html
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Brodees wrote:Meshuggah Bagels' One Light location set to open in late June.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 58924.html
That'll be a great addition to downtown.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Hours posted:

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Same as other locales.