One Light - 13th & Walnut

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:22 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: Proposed apartment for 13th and Walnut - One Light

Post by geeman68 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:38 pm

ldai_phs wrote:
ULCajun wrote:We are on the floor below (24) on the north east corner. Can't wait to get moved in. We scheduled for Jan 9th.

Now we just have to find a roommate to fill in the other bedroom...
does Cordish allow Airbnb's
NOPE. One Light management says they do not allow AIR BnB

User avatar
normalthings
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: Proposed apartment for 13th and Walnut - One Light

Post by normalthings » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:29 pm

geeman68 wrote:
ldai_phs wrote:
ULCajun wrote:We are on the floor below (24) on the north east corner. Can't wait to get moved in. We scheduled for Jan 9th.

Now we just have to find a roommate to fill in the other bedroom...
does Cordish allow Airbnb's
NOPE. One Light management says they do not allow AIR BnB
Smooth."I hope to gosh you place into policy not to allow AirBNBs in this property!" "Hate to see brand new tower empty with lots of strangers moving in and out." I just made the connection that you are the thegeester

geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:22 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: Proposed apartment for 13th and Walnut - One Light

Post by geeman68 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:48 am

NOPE. One Light management says they do not allow AIR BnB[/quote]
Smooth."I hope to gosh you place into policy not to allow AirBNBs in this property!" "Hate to see brand new tower empty with lots of strangers moving in and out." I just made the connection that you are the thegeester[/quote]

Ohhhh, you follow their Twitter...

mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:00 am
Location: Garment District

Re: Proposed apartment for 13th and Walnut - One Light

Post by mgh7676 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Sidewalk and roads surrounding One Light are currently being repaired, I would guess that the roads will be open in a couple weeks. This may have been discussed before, but does anyone know if there is retail on the ground floor? Walking by today, it looked like the east side of the building could have retail space.

hgascoigne
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:06 pm

Re: Proposed apartment for 13th and Walnut - One Light

Post by hgascoigne » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:21 pm

mgh7676 wrote:Sidewalk and roads surrounding One Light are currently being repaired, I would guess that the roads will be open in a couple weeks. This may have been discussed before, but does anyone know if there is retail on the ground floor? Walking by today, it looked like the east side of the building could have retail space.
There is only a lobby for residents, no retail.

swid
New York Life
New York Life
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Financial District

Re: Proposed apartment for 13th and Walnut - One Light

Post by swid » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:47 am

Walnut SB and a second lane of 13th St WB re-opened on Friday.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 16499
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Proposed apartment for 13th and Walnut - One Light

Post by DaveKCMO » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:32 pm

swid wrote:Walnut SB and a second lane of 13th St WB re-opened on Friday.
just in time for Cerner-opolis!

User avatar
normalthings
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: Proposed apartment for 13th and Walnut - One Light

Post by normalthings » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:54 pm

http://m.imgur.com/8sMSx1u

Image
One Light is such a great example of modern luxury apartments that it's renderings are being used by people on Airbnb in Chicago. :D :D

swid
New York Life
New York Life
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Financial District

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by swid » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Two things:

1) Probably time to change the thread title as it's no longer "proposed". :-)
2) Something's going to have to be done with Walnut between 12th and 13th; In this case, "something" can be as little as posting "No parking any time" signs on the west/SB side to as much as taking out the small bit of parking on the east/NB side and making the center lane a turn/delivery only lane. Last night there were 3 moving trucks and a van parked and blocking the sole SB lane there at 6 PM; at 9:30, one of the trucks was still there (and in the process of getting towed).

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 16499
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by DaveKCMO » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:39 pm

there's a loading dock specifically for move-ins. it can only accommodate one truck at a time, so i'm sure things will settle down after this rash of move-ins. that being said, if there's a missing no parking sign there let's get it back.

swid
New York Life
New York Life
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Financial District

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by swid » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:56 pm

The kicker was that none of those trucks was using the loading dock. :-(

I didn't see any No Parking signs at all on the west side of Walnut in front of One Light.

ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by ULCajun » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:44 pm


loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3833
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:12 pm

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by loftguy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:35 pm

Very cool. Thanks and enjoy your new home.

.............however, sorry to see Zaina's has disappeared from your block.

ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by ULCajun » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:38 pm

loftguy wrote:
Very cool. Thanks and enjoy your new home.

.............however, sorry to see Zaina's has disappeared from your block.
It hasn't moved very far, havn't tried the new location however.

loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3833
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:12 pm

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by loftguy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:04 pm

ULCajun wrote:
loftguy wrote:
Very cool. Thanks and enjoy your new home.

.............however, sorry to see Zaina's has disappeared from your block.
It hasn't moved very far, havn't tried the new location however.
Don't be coy. Where did it move to?

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 6641
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by flyingember » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:35 pm

1108 Grand
https://zainakcmo.com/

That's the Borel Building

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 28525
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by KCPowercat » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:32 pm

It moved to grand between 11th and 12th. Old icons night club.

geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:22 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by geeman68 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 am

Someone has a nice view!! Is it worth the rent? :)

ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by ULCajun » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:40 pm

geeman68 wrote:Someone has a nice view!! Is it worth the rent? :)
I think it is. I got in october of 2014 so rent was still really cheap. I'm paying 2k for our 2 bedroom. Considering I was paying 1k for a 1br downtown already, with a roommate it is about the same. Plus both me and my partner were paying for oneLife memberships...thats an extra $100/mo that we don't have to worry about.

The apartment itself is nice but smaller and not laid out that well. Its very nice, we're just running into storage issues for our stuff.

geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:22 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: One Light - 13th & Walnut

Post by geeman68 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:33 pm

ULCajun wrote:
geeman68 wrote:Someone has a nice view!! Is it worth the rent? :)
I think it is. I got in october of 2014 so rent was still really cheap. I'm paying 2k for our 2 bedroom. Considering I was paying 1k for a 1br downtown already, with a roommate it is about the same. Plus both me and my partner were paying for oneLife memberships...thats an extra $100/mo that we don't have to worry about.

The apartment itself is nice but smaller and not laid out that well. Its very nice, we're just running into storage issues for our stuff.
Time to turn minimalist. :)

Post Reply