P&L to build club called "Hotel"?

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: P&L to build club called "Hotel"?

Post by KCPowercat »

Ill go ahead and assume a kc rag get together will not be happening at Hotel.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Kind of surprised that there was vacant space there. Was this space ever occupied?

The most enigmatic vacancy, to me at least, is the corner opposite of Sprint Center south of Raglan Road (SW corner of 14th Grand).
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Never occupied. Hotel was planned from the beginning for this space. Very non descript
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

KCPowercat wrote:Those upper level places are very popular outside of big events. Those are what have lines out the door on weekends from my experience.
Huh, guess I fell into the trap of, "if I wasn't there, it wasn't crowded.". I'm generally only inside that bowl during big events.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Cordish can save costs by just transplanting their club in Louisville.

Louisville: Hotel Nightclub to close Saturday
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'm guessing that is happening. Dance club lighting is not cheap.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

sounds like KC isn't the only city with anti-downtown haters:

"4th Street Dead again. Sorry but this city isn't Indianapolis where you can go downtown to Circle Centre at night and do other things than just drinking at bars and eating. That's pretty much what downtown Louisville has to offer after dark. Drinking, eating, and puking on the sidewalks downtown and getting a DUI or mugged."
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

That comment made me laugh. I was in a work training where we did a presentation and I did one on the benefits of downtown living.

A question came up after the presentation and somebody asked what there was to do except drink downtown at night. I mentioned the movies and various theatre options for live music and plays. They discounted that and said what else. To which I responded what do you do anywhere at night that isn't those things. Not trying to be rude but to actually learn what I was missing. Their response? "Good point"

That comment made me think of that.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

KCPowercat wrote:That comment made me laugh. I was in a work training where we did a presentation and I did one on the benefits of downtown living.

A question came up after the presentation and somebody asked what there was to do except drink downtown at night. I mentioned the movies and various theatre options for live music and plays. They discounted that and said what else. To which I responded what do you do anywhere at night that isn't those things. Not trying to be rude but to actually learn what I was missing. Their response? "Good point"

That comment made me think of that.
Next time just say 'lay around on your fat ass watching tv just like in your current neighborhood.'
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

chrizow wrote:sounds like KC isn't the only city with anti-downtown haters:

"4th Street Dead again. Sorry but this city isn't Indianapolis where you can go downtown to Circle Centre at night and do other things than just drinking at bars and eating. That's pretty much what downtown Louisville has to offer after dark. Drinking, eating, and puking on the sidewalks downtown and getting a DUI or mugged."
Haters gonna hate!
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

chrizow wrote:sounds like KC isn't the only city with anti-downtown haters:

Having spent a lot of time there, the funny thing is that downtown Louisville is considerably more vibrant than downtown Kansas City.