Is the P&L District underwhelming? 100% serious question

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Is the P&L District underwhelming? 100% serious question

Post by trailerkid »

KCPowercat wrote: I think the original poster on twitter posts in here too. It is insane.
IMO she might as well just close. She's not doing anyone any favors playing restaurant down there. Put someone in there that actually wants to run a business. Maybe talk to Ingredient about pushing their hours to (at least) match Latteland and opening Sat & Sun.  
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

mixx will survive on lunch only -- as many places in the loop do today -- assuming she wants to stick around.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Why did the p&l even sign them up?  Doesn't seem like cordish was looking to fill up with lunch only businesses.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

FangKC wrote: If you want restaurants in the urban core that stay open late, encourage Korean, Indian, and Chinese immigrants to move to Kansas City.

When I lived in New York City, it was the Koreans, Indians, and Chinese that operated their businesses late, or 24-hours, and all the family members worked in the business.
Just like the Chinese restaurant that was open on Christmas Day in "A Christmas Story".  Don't know about the 24 hours in this instance though. :)
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Unfortunately, I don't think most people know about KOBE as a teppanyaki destination downtown.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Just like the Chinese restaurant that was open on Christmas Day in "A Christmas Story".  Don't know about the 24 hours in this instance though. :)
It's an old joke in NY, that if you ask about any Jewish person what they had for Christmas dinner, the reply is going to be "Chinese".

I have a friend who performs in NY often.  She and her gang enjoy a wide range of fine dining options at 2 and 3 in the morning, as do most folks who are in the entertainment industy there.  When they perform in KC.........Denny's? 

Oh, that's right,  Town Topic, Fran's & sometimes YJ's.