The Jones Ultra Pool

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: The Jones Ultra Pool

Post by jdubwaldo »

I'm curious, I've spent a couple weekend days at the Woodside pool but would like to check out the Jones just to see what all of the hubub is about.  Do they do day passes?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Yup. That's all they do. They have memberships but don't think they have many members.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Is this the kind of crowd there?

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Some are white people, yes.

I see what you're asking...yes, some are.

jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

Excellent.  To both, the day pass + the crowd.  8) 
Looks somewhat similar to the Woodside crowd, not quite though.  :wink:
Angel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Angel »

Not trying to be an old cranky lady, but isn't there a noise ordinance downtown?  I'm all for The Jones playing music and I understand that it's outside, but the volume is ridiculous.  I live two blocks away and can hear the music clearly with my windows closed.  Forget about going outside and trying to talk to anyone.  I don't understand how they're allowed to play it that loud.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Angel wrote: Not trying to be an old cranky lady, but isn't there a noise ordinance downtown?  I'm all for The Jones playing music and I understand that it's outside, but the volume is ridiculous.  I live two blocks away and can hear the music clearly with my windows closed.  Forget about going outside and trying to talk to anyone.  I don't understand how they're allowed to play it that loud.
don't live in a city.
ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by ColumbusParkian »

no man i agree with her. i live half a block from the city market, and i can hear the music @ Jones from my job much more clearly than i can hear a concert from my apartment. There's to-be-expected city noise, there's pushing the limits a bit, and then there's the ridiculous level that is The Jones.

However, I do have to say that today it seemed significantly less noisy than it was last weekend. Maybe somebody complained?
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

ColumbusParkian wrote: no man i agree with her. i live half a block from the city market, and i can hear the music @ Jones from my job much more clearly than i can hear a concert from my apartment. There's to-be-expected city noise, there's pushing the limits a bit, and then there's the ridiculous level that is The Jones.

However, I do have to say that today it seemed significantly less noisy than it was last weekend. Maybe somebody complained?
it's an entertainment district. everyone knew what they were signing up for when they moved next to it.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Personally I love the music. Gives downtown a soundtrack. I could see it being annoying to those living close by though.....I think they reduce the noise quite a bit once evening falls.

kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

To the people complaining about the noise...the music will NEVER be turned down until someone asks for it to be.  Maybe they won't turn down the music, but try asking before complaining.  If that doesn't work, how about engaging a downtown organization like the Downtown Council?
Angel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Angel »

it's an entertainment district. everyone knew what they were signing up for when they moved next to it.
I know what I signed up for living downtown.  I don't mind downtown noises...and am fine with P&L noise.  I can hear it (most weekends I can hear Howl at the Moon), people, traffic, dogs barking, drunks screaming on the sidewalk at night, etc. 

But The Jones is something entirely different.  I shouldn't be able to feel the bass vibrations in my condo 2 blocks away and actually feel like I'm playing the music in the next room.  My own TV and music inside my condo can't even compete with it.

It shouldn't feel like we're all living inside the Sprint Center during a Bon Jovi concert.
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

Saw someone getting hauled out of Jones on Satuday afternoon in an ambulance....  Is this commonplace??
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

jdubwaldo wrote: Saw someone getting hauled out of Jones on Satuday afternoon in an ambulance....  Is this commonplace??
yes.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

I cringed when I saw this thread open again.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

I love looking at the Jones Pool party pics on the Star website every Monday morning.  Gives me a good laugh.
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

Sorry, sorry everyone...... 
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

kcmetro wrote: I love looking at the Jones Pool party pics on the Star website every Monday morning.  Gives me a good laugh.
Visiting Cosentinos late on Saturday afternoon, the place was filled with Jonesers.  It struck me that I really hadn't seen the after affects of a days pool-side drinking in the store all this season.  Don't know if my routine has changed, but surprised it took until the end of August to have a reminder of the places presence.

Pretty entertaining.  Greeted just inside the entry by a jiggling lass, hopping sh*tfaced on one foot trying to pull cutoff jeans over a wet bikini.  Then came across another beauty who was walking the store with the support of a shopping cart.  She would never have managed it without.  What was hilarious, was that as she walked down the wide deli/salad bar isle she managed to hit seven people squarely with the cart.  Some of the bumps took 45 degree turns to accomplish.  She was giggling to herself past scowling dissapproval, and the whole time she had a seriously stoned, puppy dog of a guy blindly following her on her atari-like path.

There were another 10 or 12 pool drunks in the store, but this time I just found the whole show entertaining.

edit: saw "Hot Tub Time Machine" over the weekend.  Cosentinos just seemed like a continuation.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

I miss the days of going to the grocery store drunk and high.  :(

:lol:
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Cosentinos loves them.....high sales per customer. :)