The Jones Ultra Pool

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: The Jones Ultra Pool

Post by grovester »

KCPowercat wrote: Luckily I don't think Constantino's takes that approach....to think of customers as annoyances....but we are well aware of your position on anybody who thinks to darken the door of Jones.
OCD
ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by ColumbusParkian »

OCD? sorry, all i can think of is obsessive-compulsive disorder. what do you mean?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

sorry, referring to KCP.  while I agree with most of his points, ie supporting businesses and development whether they're something we would patronize or not, the fervor of his posts is disturbing.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

grovester wrote: sorry, referring to KCP.  while I agree with most of his points, ie supporting businesses and development whether they're something we would patronize or not, the fervor of his posts is disturbing.
sorry you feel that way....just voiced a different opinion than the majority of those who want to bury this place and all who enjoy it.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

yay! the vomit is gone!
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

DaveKCMO wrote: yay! the vomit is gone!
Is it just me, or are we struggling a bit for conversation?
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

ColumbusParkian wrote: i guess what i mean is, i have a feeling the jones pool people are probably more of an annoyance than welcome guests. There's no "Accountants welcome" sign for people from H&R Block. Any time you have to remind people to wear clothes, it's probably not a guest you're excited to see.
get a life and worry about real issues like the fact you drive to cosentino's when it's easily accessible via mass transit. Lenexafying downtown is way worse than a little dried vomit. *

*statement typed while riding the Jo back to Lawrence, bitches.  
Last edited by trailerkid on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

trailerkid wrote: *statement typed while riding the Jo back to Lawrence, bitches.  
"That's Hot!"  "Alright Bitches"

I wonder why you waste time coming to Kansas City, on a BUS, just to hate everything and complain about it.  Weird...
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

trailerkid wrote: get a life and worry about real issues like the fact you drive to cosentino's when it's easily accessible via mass transit. Lenexafying downtown is way worse than a little dried vomit. *

*statement typed while riding the Jo back to Lawrence, bitches.  

Given ColumbusParkian's username I put "5th & Campbell" as a starting point for going to Cosentino's.

Walking, about 24 minutes each way.   Not too bad, but it's not the most pedestrian friendly route either.

Bus?   16-20 minutes depending on the route, and up to 9 blocks has to be walked depending on which bus happens to be coming by at the time you need to go.    And those all start from different locations so you better check those timetables so you know which direction to start walking and know the route well enough to know when to get off, and don't forget that unless you wait around for the same bus your return route will be totally differemt so have those worked out too!   So you might as well just walk it because it's more hassle and saves only a few minutes.

Driving, about 5 minutes each way.   If you have a car and are getting a lot of groceries, this is a no-brainer.   You can't fault people for taking advantage of the easiest solution.
ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

i actually now live in River Market, didn't want to change my screen name.

And where did I say I drove to the market? And what does this have to do with The Jones Pool?

I know that I'm relatively new to the forum, but i'm getting the idea that TK is a bit of a joke, right?
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

ColumbusParkian wrote: i actually now live in River Market, didn't want to change my screen name.

And where did I say I drove to the market? And what does this have to do with The Jones Pool?

I know that I'm relatively new to the forum, but i'm getting the idea that TK is a bit of a joke, right?
TK is very serious about his urbanism.  He doesn't even own the SUV he occasionally uses to come into the city.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCPowercat wrote: Not to dig this up but saw this sign today at the store...seems they are good with jones patrons...doesn't even say 'dont puke'

What!?!?! They Can't do that! Blatent discrimination! Somebody call the council! The NAACP! Squintero! Funk!

*cough*cough*
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

wow, tk rode the bus...should we all applaud for what many of us do daily?  I'm confused...

trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

KCPowercat wrote: wow, tk rode the bus...should we all applaud for what many of us do daily?  I'm confused...
just pointing it out for all the Lenexa-loftdweller, poseurs on here.
scooterj wrote:
Given ColumbusParkian's username I put "5th & Campbell" as a starting point for going to Cosentino's.

Walking, about 24 minutes each way.   Not too bad, but it's not the most pedestrian friendly route either.

Bus?   16-20 minutes depending on the route, and up to 9 blocks has to be walked depending on which bus happens to be coming by at the time you need to go.    And those all start from different locations so you better check those timetables so you know which direction to start walking and know the route well enough to know when to get off, and don't forget that unless you wait around for the same bus your return route will be totally differemt so have those worked out too!   So you might as well just walk it because it's more hassle and saves only a few minutes.

Driving, about 5 minutes each way.   If you have a car and are getting a lot of groceries, this is a no-brainer.   You can't fault people for taking advantage of the easiest solution.

#24 bus stops in Columbus Park quite frequently.  

I know middle class whites don't like the bus and use every Lenexa, convenience-based excuse, but there are thousands of people that get by fine using it everyday to get everywhere.
ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

again, TK. Who said i didn't use the bus? And what does this have to do with the thread?

I'll get us back on topic. I don't much care for The Jones.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

ColumbusParkian wrote: again, TK. Who said i didn't use the bus? And what does this have to do with the thread?
You said you were inside the parking garage.
ColumbusParkian wrote: I know that I'm relatively new to the forum, but i'm getting the idea that TK is a bit of a joke, right?
this forum is completely awesome and i am, indeed, the joke of it. lots of breaking information reposted from days-old NBC action news stories and complaining about parking validation problems. Incredibly useful resource...
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

this thread could use some trimming.....
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

to be technical, i said i was going up the stairs by the garage on my way to main street. Hey TK, I don't even own a car. I guess I should wear my "urbanism" on my sleeve like you to keep any confusion to a minimum.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Jones is hopping today.  Awesome day for a nice rooftop pool. :)

ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cosentinos-down ... Ps0dfFWDmw

Granted it's a bad review all around, but I can't help but wonder if this girl is the same that i stumbled over. I'm sure this isn't the type of press Consentinos wants...