The Jones Ultra Pool

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
Joe Smith
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: The Jones Ultra Pool

Post by Joe Smith »

kcmetro wrote: I miss the days of going to the grocery store drunk and high.  :(

:lol:
I miss the days of walking around Antioch Shopping Center and Metro North Mall after dropping some acid.

Yes, I'm old.
There's nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot.   Harry Callahan

For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.  Hunter S. Thompson
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

Joe Smith wrote: I miss the days of walking around Antioch Shopping Center and Metro North Mall after dropping some acid.
And Jdubwaldo thinks THEY have something to apologize for. 

The Chess King employees probably related well to you.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

I miss the days of walking around Antioch Shopping Center and Metro North Mall after dropping some acid.
I'm not sure even acid could have made Metro North interesting.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

So how does this pool work?  Is it like a country club where you join and pay an annual fee or is it just a glorified bar with cover charge for anyone who wants to get in. 

Is there a health club there as well, I thought that was one of the future tenants of that building. 
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Highlander wrote: So how does this pool work?   Is it like a country club where you join and pay an annual fee or is it just a glorified bar with cover charge for anyone who wants to get in.  

Is there a health club there as well, I thought that was one of the future tenants of that building.  
the health club is MIA. it's supposed to go between the Jones Pool and Cosentino's. Jones Pool is basically a night club that operates during the day. It's KC's version of Wet Republic.

i wouldn't be surprised if Cordish opened their own "sexy" gym with a bar and DJ booth.
Angel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Angel »

I heard a rumor that the Jones pool is finished and bankrupt.  Don't know how reliable the info is, but they do seem to have abandoned everything up there.  If you go to the green roof, the door to the Jones is wide open and the place looks kind of trashed.  Of course, I've never been there so it could just look like that all the time.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Hadn't heard either way but they did the same thing last summer.  Can't believe they would go bankrupt, it's rolled by Cordish and really doesn't have a lot of overheard, it's not like they can "unbuild" the pool.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Nothing to do with it being almost Thanksgiving and not swimming weather?
Angel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Angel »

Could be.  Like I said, I'm not sure how reliable the info is and it was just a rumor.  But I do think it's odd they they left all their stuff out and it's wide open for anyone to just walk in and take it if they want.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Angel wrote: Could be.  Like I said, I'm not sure how reliable the info is and it was just a rumor.  But I do think it's odd they they left all their stuff out and it's wide open for anyone to just walk in and take it if they want.
Is there any good stuff? Or is it just empty cans of Coors Light and packs of Marlboro Lights?
"Hit it, lick it, split it and quit it." -James Brown
pstokely
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by pstokely »

delete
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

A new piece of art has been placed on the city garage rooftop next to the Jones Pool--as part of the 1% for Art program. It's a painted boxcar on the praire grass there.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/28/38 ... oxcar.html

http://www.eldo.us/8214/prairie-logic/