Cordish sues Bice Bistro

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Cordish sues Bice Bistro

Post by trailerkid »

KCPowercat wrote: Would be an awesome addition.
i would agree and it would create 50X as much traffic at that corner than Bice Bistro did. i could see some synergy working between places like the Bristol, Maker's, and Re-Verse. Re-Verse getting that deck area would also be pretty unique.

Cordish should get Glace to take over the Bistro Cafe space. That would fulfill DaveKCMO's coffee al fresco fixation as well.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I'm guessing its Re-Verse
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
ChefColby
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ChefColby »

Yes, local restaurateurs. Chef driven even worse.

Quote from Glen

"Why would I let another one of you little chefs come in here and open place? What would you make 1 maybe 1.5 million? Capitol Grill makes $8M cheesecake makes $13m why would I waste my time with you?"

So I took my ball and went home.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

fyi the "bluestem concept" discussion has been split off into its own thread in "KC Scene"
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Jill ja wrote: "Why would I let another one of you little chefs come in here and open place? What would you make 1 maybe 1.5 million? Capitol Grill makes $8M cheesecake makes $13m why would I waste my time with you?"
Wow, what an asshole. Also, what a sad commentary on the state of dining in the USA (or at least KC, but probably pretty much everywhere) that something is staggeringly mediocre as Cheesecake Factory can do 13x better than a place with good food.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

mean wrote: Wow, what an asshole. Also, what a sad commentary on the state of dining in the USA (or at least KC, but probably pretty much everywhere) that something is staggeringly mediocre as Cheesecake Factory can do 13x better than a place with good food.
Quote from UMKCroo " Foot traffic, any foot traffic is huge."

I suspect that is the reason Cheesecake Factory pulls in 13 million per year.  Classic Cup also gets a alot of foot traffic but it's probably only 1/10th th size of Cheesecake Factory. 
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

But theoretically, any concept in the same area would have the same foot traffic. If we're talking about sheer dining space, though, I don't think people who care about quality can ever win over those who care about quantity.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

Jill ja wrote: Yes, local restaurateurs. Chef driven even worse.

Quote from Glen

"Why would I let another one of you little chefs come in here and open place? What would you make 1 maybe 1.5 million? Capitol Grill makes $8M cheesecake makes $13m why would I waste my time with you?"

So I took my ball and went home.
Un-fucking-believable.  So many things wrong with this statement.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

jdubwaldo wrote: Un-fucking-believable.  So many things wrong with this statement.
do you think Oak Park Mall or StL Galleria would bring in bluestem as a restaurant tenant?
ChefColby
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ChefColby »

LOL TK! Touche

I think how we view the Plaza and how the Plaza views the plaza is two different things.
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

trailerkid wrote: do you think Oak Park Mall or StL Galleria would bring in bluestem as a restaurant tenant?
I know I know.
The whole situation at the Plaza right now just pisses me off. 
We had friends staying in town last weekend who asked where they could get good appetizers and a few drinks + fun/nice atmosphere on the Plaza and I had NO appropriate response for them.  That is ridiculous.  Crown Jewel of the city.  Pfffft.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

jdubwaldo wrote: I know I know.
The whole situation at the Plaza right now just pisses me off. 
We had friends staying in town last weekend who asked where they could get good appetizers and a few drinks + fun/nice atmosphere on the Plaza and I had NO appropriate response for them.  That is ridiculous.  Crown Jewel of the city.  Pfffft.

I agree with you on being pissed off at Highwoods, but maybe you're a little carried away about having NO response for them? ReVerse, Brio, Blanc, Grand St, Trio, Houston's, Tomfooleries?  Or maybe walk/cab a few blocks to McCoy's, Harry's, Bluestem?  Not ONE single place to recommend?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcjak wrote: I agree with you on being pissed off at Highwoods, but maybe you're a little carried away about having NO response for them? ReVerse, Brio, Blanc, Grand St, Trio, Houston's, Tomfooleries?  Or maybe walk/cab a few blocks to McCoy's, Harry's, Bluestem?  Not ONE single place to recommend?
And while Mc&Schmicks is obviously a canned chain - they usually have some lovely oysters and a tremendous outdoor terrace to slurp them on over drinks.  One of the better outdoor dining spaces in the city in my opinion. 
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

I know, I know.  I am getting carried away.
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

Has anyone been to Starker's recently?  Went once for lunch several years ago and recall it being on the stuffy side (I know that's the rep).  Food is great, but the stuffy impression always keeps me away.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

kcjak wrote: I agree with you on being pissed off at Highwoods, but maybe you're a little carried away about having NO response for them? ReVerse, Brio, Blanc, Grand St, Trio, Houston's, Tomfooleries?  Or maybe walk/cab a few blocks to McCoy's, Harry's, Bluestem?  Not ONE single place to recommend?
Don't forget Classic Cup. 
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

AJoD wrote: Has anyone been to Starker's recently?  Went once for lunch several years ago and recall it being on the stuffy side (I know that's the rep).  Food is great, but the stuffy impression always keeps me away.
My hubby and I had dinner there a couple months ago, and the food was wonderful.  I enjoyed the wine list / suggestion we were provided as well.
The service was good, but a little bit leisurely. 
Leisurely is good, but we would have had another bottle of wine had our server been a little more attentive to our empty wine glasses.
Quite a mixed crowd from middle age couples to old men with young arm candy to folks rolling in off of the Plaza in crocs and t shirt + khaki shorts. 
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

Cool, thanks, jdub.