Snow Creek Scion Open Rail Jam February 7th at LIVE block

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Snow Creek Scion Open Rail Jam February 7th at LIVE block

Post by KCTigerFan »

First, Snow Creek has no say in the production of this event. 
It is a Scion and Power & Light District event.
Amateur cameras/video equip is allowed.  If you feel you may need a press pass for photo check in at Shark Bar with the Scion folks.

This is going to be a very cool event and will be lots of fun.  As it is primarily a daytime event there is (as always) no dress code.

It will not be broadcast live, but all local TV will be on site and filming.  Look for morning hits and all day coverage starting tomorrow. 

The District has been working to bring this in for several months.  Guess those horrible people at Cordish ocassionally bring in something worthwhile.  Let's go back to bashing how crappy they are soon though.  &&& 

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCTigerFan wrote: First, Snow Creek has no say in the production of this event. 

you mean beyond making all the snow, and putting it in place on the half pipe, grooming it, and getting it ready to use the morning of??

scion and the creek working pretty close on this one son.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCTigerFan wrote: First, Snow Creek has no say in the production of this event. 
Amateur cameras/video equip is allowed. 
I hope that means a bad amateur photographer standing behind a long lens.   :D  I promise that if I get any pics I will finally bother to learn how to post them here. 

By all means cudos to Cordish for hosting this.  I think even those of us who are critical of aspects of the development and interaction with the city are more than willing to acknowledge plenty of positives you guys have brought. 

P.S. the event could do with a better website manager - if you google it, you wind up with some youtube videos, KCRag, and everything else but the official site.  TB
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

Now people just need to pray it is a bit colder than forecasted as 60 degree weather isn't exactly what they were looking for.  :shock:
kcmokid
Pad site
Pad site

Post by kcmokid »

this is going to be so cool!!  :lol:

Great job Cordish on bringing a new & exciting event to KC!
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

Fair enough.  As a vendor.  They are great and are even providing ski patrol as well.  They have no management of the event is what I meant.  Thus, they have no say on cameras or any operations of the venue.  The website is managed by Scion through their local event agency Dept. Zero.  The ramp itself was built in Minnesota and driven in.  Freshtip Designs did it.  

This should be a very fun event.  
kcdcchef wrote: you mean beyond making all the snow, and putting it in place on the half pipe, grooming it, and getting it ready to use the morning of??

scion and the creek working pretty close on this one son.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

I'll look into it. Although I've been turned away from the Live Block before for having "professional" equipment. Which is fucking funny because I am not a "professional" photographer. In fact, I'd like to have "professional" anything defined, and I'd like to know why KC Live is billed as "KC's Living Room" but photography is restricted. Public realm my ass.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Tosspot wrote: I'll look into it. Although I've been turned away from the Live Block before for having "professional" equipment. Which is fucking funny because I am not a "professional" photographer. In fact, I'd like to have "professional" anything defined, and I'd like to know why KC Live is billed as "KC's Living Room" but photography is restricted. Public realm my ass.
It seems that security guards and photographers have a very different definition of "professional equipment". 
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: It seems that security guards and photographers have a very different definition of "professional equipment". 
Security guards and their corporate overlord lackeys define a "professional" camera as any SLR. In fact however they won't always say "SLR," they'll just say "professional cameras with detachable lenses," likely because they don't understand what "SLR" means or stands for to begin with. See: Sprint Center scrolling marquee.

And, it would be logical for people to define "professional photographer" as someone who derives the entirety of his or her livelihood from making photographs. Since I do not, I am not a professional photographer. Therefore I find idiotic, anti-photography rules to be a useless ploy.

DISCLAIMER -- KCTigerFan - I'm not targeting you at all here personally - I've taken issue with many more entities than just Cordish for this kind of situation.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Tosspot wrote: Security guards and their corporate overlord lackeys define a "professional" camera as any SLR. In fact however they won't always say "SLR," they'll just say "professional cameras with detachable lenses," likely because they don't understand what "SLR" means or stands for to begin with. See: Sprint Center scrolling marquee.
situation.
Talk about overkill - Canon and Nikon probably sell ten times as many SLR's to schmo's like me who are lucky to get within two stops of the correct exposure than they sell to actual professionals. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCTigerFan wrote: Fair enough.  As a vendor.  They are great and are even providing ski patrol as well.  They have no management of the event is what I meant.  Thus, they have no say on cameras or any operations of the venue.  The website is managed by Scion through their local event agency Dept. Zero.  The ramp itself was built in Minnesota and driven in.  Freshtip Designs did it.  

This should be a very fun event.  
maybe partner? i suppose when this event is done AT the creek, hidden valley, or jack frost, they are just a vendor?? yeah, that is rich. can we buy sixty tons of snow from you??????????

i know you are cordish's guard dog on this site, and that is great and all. but your negativity is showing lately in other posts bro. i have been a big defender of everything cordish, fyi.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

I am not trying to be negative in any way.  Snow Creek is great.  All I am saying is that they do not control the event on Saturday.  Thus a Snow Creek employee isn't the best authority to provide details on access.  BTW, I am not a guard dog in any way.  I post on here "anonymously" as an individual.  I know that many of you know who I may be, but on here I am just a forum member who was born and raised in KCMO and cares a great deal about our city, as most everyone on here does.   

Toss, no offense taken.   
kcdcchef wrote: maybe partner? i suppose when this event is done AT the creek, hidden valley, or jack frost, they are just a vendor?? yeah, that is rich. can we buy sixty tons of snow from you??????????

i know you are cordish's guard dog on this site, and that is great and all. but your negativity is showing lately in other posts bro. i have been a big defender of everything cordish, fyi.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I shot a poor picture of the ramp tonight

And of course more information on my BLOG! \/
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

i finally got some pictures of the snow piled up and ready to move from weston.

here they are producing snow full force the other day. using all their portable snow guns making TONS of snow.

the piles of snow ready to move!! this is gonna be great!

another shot of the piles.

they just started moving 4 dump trucks of snow this morning to the p&l, should be there any minute. this is gonna be awesome.
wetpaint
Pad site
Pad site

Post by wetpaint »

This might be a dumb question, but why don't they just move one of their snow making mahines to the P&L and make the snow on site?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

wetpaint wrote: This might be a dumb question, but why don't they just move one of their snow making mahines to the P&L and make the snow on site?
those things run on compressed air, and refrigerated water, and the power. wouldnt be feasible to move the air equipment, the cooling lines, and the power source.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Very cool. My sis was trying to get me to come to this and with the weather so nice, we may actually come out.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I walked downtown today over lunch hour to take in the weather and right when I got to the P&L District, the first trucks arrived.

So, I did what I do.  PS, I saw kctigerfan all decked out in snowboard gear, he was way cool :).

ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

Hmm, seems to be facing the opposite way than I'd expect.  The spectators will be on the other side, not on the stage.
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

:lol:  I am thinking about working tonight to "yellow" the snow.  &&&

GRID wrote: I walked downtown today over lunch hour to take in the weather and right when I got to the P&L District, the first trucks arrived.

So, I did what I do.  PS, I saw kctigerfan all decked out in snowboard gear, he was way cool :).