Snow Creek Scion Open Rail Jam February 7th at LIVE block

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Snow Creek Scion Open Rail Jam February 7th at LIVE block

Post by KC-wildcat »

What exactly is being constructed?  A half pipe?  Just a rail?  What am I looking at in these pictures?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

I see a lot of snow melt...

...of course, it could be that I snuck in and layered the ground with ice melt, added in with these 60+ deg temps  :D
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Anybody see any of this?  I walked by Saturday night on our way to Lucky Strike...it must have just got over because nothing was going on....it didn't look like much snow on that structure.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

I went by yesterday afternoon - took MAX down.  I didn't watch the event much but the energy all over downtown was amazing.  Up and down Main/Walnut/Grand.  Walked to the library for a while and was in awe of the energy on my way.  This simply didn't exist on a Saturday a couple years ago.  It was a true integrated city vibe that wasn't manufactured by a single event.  Now if there were just more open storefronts in and out of P&L.

On the way home, I overhead a girl on the bus, perhaps in her upper 20s, black professional, saying she just moved to KC from Philly last Nov and absolutely loves it here.  She was describing that she 'has to drive' to JoCo for work but otherwise takes the bus all over 'center city'.   She was clearly very excited about everything she can do in this town via bus.  Wish others would pick up on this.
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

ignatius wrote: I went by yesterday afternoon - took MAX down.  I didn't watch the event much but the energy all over downtown was amazing.  Up and down Main/Walnut/Grand.  Walked to the library for a while and was in awe of the energy on my way.  This simply didn't exist on a Saturday a couple years ago.  It was a true integrated city vibe that wasn't manufactured by a single event.  Now if there were just more open storefronts in and out of P&L.

On the way home, I overhead a girl on the bus, perhaps in her upper 20s, black professional, saying she just moved to KC from Philly last Nov and absolutely loves it here.  She was describing that she 'has to drive' to JoCo for work but otherwise takes the bus all over 'center city'.  She was clearly very excited about everything she can do in this town via bus.  Wish others would pick up on this.
was she at the snowboard thingie?
thesnowman21
Pad site
Pad site

Post by thesnowman21 »

I popped in after leaving the sprint center (took my son to see the Monster Jam) they seemed to have troubling getting the snow to stop melting, but like other have mentioned the whole atmosphere was awesome and far better than anything I witnessed when I lived downtown. We sat outside in ChefBurger and it looked like everyone was having a blast. Cant wait to see it when the cinema opens, hopefully that will be the catalyst for more of the shops to open.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Took the kids down.  I can't believe how many cars were parked downtown.  We parked north of 10th and Walnut and it was pretty cool to just walk through downtown and see all the people walking around etc.

Checked out the boarders and left, so didn't stay too long.  We then went to the WWI museum and that thing was packed as well.  It's really cool how well that museum was done and how many people are visiting it.

Capped it off with dinner at Jackstack on the patio in February.  Couldn't ask for a better day!
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

We took the kids down too, pretty cool, we stayed for about 40 minutes or so.  Neat event, beautiful weather.  I would have liked to see it at night when the pros took to their boards...I could have seen hanging out drinking beers and watching some snowboarding on a 60 degree Feb evening for sure, if no kids.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

We walked down and took a pass through.  Watched the boarder kids bounce off the rails and generally do things that looked very painful for awhile.  The snow was almost entirely melted off the ramp area but was still piled up at the bottom.  Looked like a lot of snow creek regulars/northwest Mo kids came down to check it out.  All in all looked like a good event. 

We did get hassled about attempting to bring in "outside food" in the form of Yummo yogurt.  Seems a bit of a retarded policy to ban ice cream sold inside the same development a hundred yards away.  Bouncer dude was none-to-polite about it either.