First time at P&L district last night

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
kanasalumn
Strip mall
Strip mall

First time at P&L district last night

Post by kanasalumn »

The district is very cool,  I had a good time at the outdoor bar in the Live section, took a look in our of the resturants.  My dad and I after got our tickets at will call for the Petty concert, we went to Ted's and at 5:45pm stated 30-40 min wait so we went to the outdoor bar hve a couple drinks, and then went back, and they said it will be antoher 20-30 minutes after we got there at 6:15p, so we cancel there, and went to Chipotle was in line for 20 min.  Parking wise it was fine.  I am not sure why there were so many naysayers on parking when Sprint Center and P&L was being built.  The biggest thing is the long waits for eating a meal.  We learn next time for an event, we either eat at home and then just have drinks in the district, or get there about 5:15p-5:30pm for a 7:30pm event. 

I will definate go back to P&L when I am there for another event or visit CBE
BEERMAN
Pad site
Pad site

Re: First time at P&L district last night

Post by BEERMAN »

Keep in mind more places to eat are on the way.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah venture a couple blocks out and find even better places to eat.....glad you had a good experience and fun.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Also keep in mind that 17,000 people went to that concert. You have to plan ahead for huge events like Tom Petty.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

We ate at Thai Paradise before Petty.  No wait, plenty of tables.  Basil Chicken Fried Rice is amazing and the staff is super nice and friendly.  Also parked for free in front of Thai Paradise (at 5:40 mind you).
KCFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by KCFan »

We ate at Pizza Bella last night in the Crossroads, which isn't far away at all.  We didn't have any problems at all and they could have easily handled a few more people before the concert.  Once people figure out there are other places downtown besides P&L, it shouldn't be as big of a deal before the concert.  Also, there's a few more restaurants that have yet to open in P&L.  I think that will help as well especially with people that are wanting to avoid the craziness of the LIVE block.
kanasalumn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kanasalumn »

I have been to many resturants down in the crossroads, and we knew it was really bout a 15 minute walk, I want to spend some time in the P&L since I never been down there.  thank you all for the heads up on everything.  I might go back up there for the CBE as my dad could not get off work until 4pm on Tuesday soon. 
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

KCFan wrote: We ate at Pizza Bella last night in the Crossroads, which isn't far away at all.  We didn't have any problems at all and they could have easily handled a few more people before the concert.  Once people figure out there are other places downtown besides P&L, it shouldn't be as big of a deal before the concert.  Also, there's a few more restaurants that have yet to open in P&L.  I think that will help as well especially with people that are wanting to avoid the craziness of the LIVE block.
I don't think there will ever be much of huge impact of restaurants/bars 5+ blocks away unless there is something particularly alluring about the establishment.

Do City Market bars/restaurants get jammed before concerts there?
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

trailerkid wrote: Do City Market bars/restaurants get jammed before concerts there?
They did before the P&L.... I'm not as sure about now.    However I got to Harry's most every Tuesday and it was busier this past Tuesday before the Tom Petty concert than it had been on recent Tuesdays.