Live Block Parking Garage

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Live Block Parking Garage

Post by KCLofts »

What is the deal with setting up the cones in the live block garage so that you have to drive all the way down to the bottom of the garage before you can go back up?  I don't understand the point other than the maybe 10 or so parking spots on the south wall that are only set up for approaching from the west.

I cut through a hole in the cones once and had some security dude on a Segway try to chase after me.  :lol:

Please, Cordish, give us some credit for knowing how to turn our cars left and right!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Live Block Parking Garage

Post by KCPowercat »

those are usually setup as the garage gets busier and that side on that level is full.  reduces two way traffic and seems like a pretty good setup.  sure there might be some spaces vacated but overall seems like a good system.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

Communicate your issues to the city.  The City of KCMO via Standard parking control all of the garages in the Power & Light District.  I have stopped, after months of frustration, trying to understand why they do things the way they do. 

KCLofts wrote: What is the deal with setting up the cones in the live block garage so that you have to drive all the way down to the bottom of the garage before you can go back up?  I don't understand the point other than the maybe 10 or so parking spots on the south wall that are only set up for approaching from the west.

I cut through a hole in the cones once and had some security dude on a Segway try to chase after me.  :lol:

Please, Cordish, give us some credit for knowing how to turn our cars left and right!
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

What the hell is the story with this parking garage? Everytime I end up trying to park there the situation is different.

First few times. Pull in grab a ticket, get it validated, leave for free.

Next few times. Parking is only available to general public after 6:00pm. H&R block employees only during day.

After that. Get the ticket, pay $2 with credit card on way out. Did this 3 or 4 times.

Tonight. Pay $2 cash before entering to attendant. I didn't have cash because I figured I would just pay with debit on way out. The guy acted like I was a moron when I told him I usually pay with credit card on the way out. Had to park down by the bull dog cuz the change tray was empty and I didn't stop for cash. Not to mention I was pissing everyone off trying to whip a shitty to get back out of the garage.

Basically, this has been a major pain in the ass. Everytime it is different. I don't have a problem with paying, but keep it consistent for fuck's sake. Or maybe I am an idiot....

Does anyone know the rules?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I think they are just trying to figure out what works best.  Most times they are pre-collecting $2 from what I've seen...at working hours.

Would be nice if they would just use the tickets and be done with it.....I think pre-collecting is faster and less confusing for people maybe?

Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

LindseyLohan wrote: What the hell is the story with this parking garage? Everytime I end up trying to park there the situation is different.

First few times. Pull in grab a ticket, get it validated, leave for free.

Next few times. Parking is only available to general public after 6:00pm. H&R block employees only during day.

After that. Get the ticket, pay $2 with credit card on way out. Did this 3 or 4 times.

Tonight. Pay $2 cash before entering to attendant. I didn't have cash because I figured I would just pay with debit on way out. The guy acted like I was a moron when I told him I usually pay with credit card on the way out. Had to park down by the bull dog cuz the change tray was empty and I didn't stop for cash. Not to mention I was pissing everyone off trying to whip a shitty to get back out of the garage.

Basically, this has been a major pain in the ass. Everytime it is different. I don't have a problem with paying, but keep it consistent for fuck's sake. Or maybe I am an idiot....

Does anyone know the rules?
When I was there in June, I believe I paid an attendant on 3 of my four trips there.  Only on a weekend afternoon when the garage was practically empty do I remember paying a machine.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

KCPowercat wrote: I think pre-collecting is faster and less confusing for people maybe?
Except how many people still carry cash on them?

Unless I'm going to Zoo Bar or a strip club ;) , I usually don't have cash on me.  And when I do, like I'm sure is the case with many people it's usualy in the form of $20s straight from the ATM.    Is it really faster to count out $18 change than to have a machine spit out a ticket?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah I am no parking management expert....I wish they would just stick to tickets....but I am sure it is nice when bar patrons don't have to get validated on a busy weekend night.

LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

Why would they put in the fancy credit card type parking machines if they don't plan to use them? I never have cash on me unless I plan on going to some type of sporting event/concert for concessions or I need parking money...

I thought the take a ticket, pay by credit card on the way out was awesome.....