P&L District Parking questions

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: P&L District Parking questions

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCPowercat wrote: as you were pulling in?  there isn't  a place to put a card, is there?
Yes.  He swiped it on a little portable machine.

KCPowercat wrote: I am kust basing it off a time I went and they charged 2 cash as I entered.  I asked the guy what happens if people don't have cash and he told me they redirected people to the atm.
Whatever.  Everyone knows you're a liar.    J/K
KC is the way to be!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

glad they added the cc swiper...much improved.....until you try and exit with the gate down and no ticket.  I assume you just ring security and they will let you out.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCPowercat wrote: glad they added the cc swiper...much improved.....until you try and exit with the gate down and no ticket.  I assume you just ring security and they will let you out.
Why would that make a difference?  They don't give you a ticket if you pay cash either, right?
KC is the way to be!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah either way (cash or credit).  sorry, that didn't flow right.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Ok, I see what you meant.

FWIW, I've never had a problem exiting the P&L garage.  The gate has always been open.
KC is the way to be!
Gretz
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Gretz »

voltopt wrote: Exactly - park in the "crossroads" - there are usually spots available on walnut

And don't be afraid to hang a left off 13th and cruise southbound on Walnut.  There are some one-way signs pointing north and all the parked cars on both sides of the street are facing north, but don't let that discourage you.  It's pretty much understood that you can drive southbound anyway; especially if you are drunk or driving a diesel truck with a dually.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

It scares the crap out me me anymore driving downtown late on Saturday night.  It almost seems safer to drive the opposite direction of the ONE-WAY arrows throughout the loop since most of the drunken P&L idiots are already doing so.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Gretz wrote:

And don't be afraid to hang a left off 13th and cruise southbound on Walnut.  There are some one-way signs pointing north and all the parked cars on both sides of the street are facing north, but don't let that discourage you.  It's pretty much understood that you can drive southbound anyway; especially if you are drunk or driving a diesel truck with a dually.
scooterj wrote: It scares the crap out me me anymore driving downtown late on Saturday night.   It almost seems safer to drive the opposite direction of the ONE-WAY arrows throughout the loop since most of the drunken P&L idiots are already doing so.
NO KIDDING!  It's unbelievable!!!  Scares the crap out of me.  In other states I've seen LED no left turn signs that are blindingly bright to prevent this.  Sounds like we need a few as well as light up DO NO ENTER signs at Walnut.  Better yet, spike strips?
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

scooterj wrote: It scares the crap out me me anymore driving downtown late on Saturday night.   It almost seems safer to drive the opposite direction of the ONE-WAY arrows throughout the loop since most of the drunken P&L idiots are already doing so.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I have seen some of the "gutsiest" maneuvers from motorists along Grand, Walnut, and 13th.  These crazy/drunk drivers don't mix well with people know how to drive downtown and pedestrians crossing the street.
KC is the way to be!