Keitz and Barnes

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
kman
Strip mall
Strip mall

Keitz and Barnes

Post by kman »

keitz is currently blasting Kay over her vision...

"Barnes envisions blocks of downtown closed for entertainment, perhaps bands playing in the streets, fans free to walk from bar to restaurant to shop. Maybe a shuttle can take people from lunch at the Plaza to an afternoon with the Fan Walk downtown to Kauffman Stadium in the evening, and then out to Westport after the game"

his point is "why a shuttle when you could have the stadium right in the heart of downtown"?  

I agree.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 009607.htm
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Keitz and Barnes

Post by lock+load »

Barnes is a moron.

Keitzman is a moron.

They should be better friends :)
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

If someone really wants to piss off Barnes and Glorioso, they should start a petition drive to make the county put the K downtown...
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Last edited by Deleted User on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Barnes envisions blocks of downtown closed for entertainment, perhaps bands playing in the streets, fans free to walk from bar to restaurant to shop. Maybe a shuttle can take people from lunch at the Plaza to an afternoon with the Fan Walk downtown to Kauffman Stadium in the evening, and then out to Westport after the game.
Wow, that's hilarious. A freakin' shuttle?!?!?!?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Keitzman...as in Kevin Keitzman?  The guy who rode around like Barnes' lap dog during the arena?

I love to hear this...maybe his disaster that is the 810zone won't be making an appearance in the P&L district....that will have restaurants for people to walk to so they won't go to the plaza all the time...but why let facts stand in the way of acting like an ass?

If they would have tried to put Kauffman downtown, Keitzman would whine it's too far from parking and parking is too much.....but hey, he pulls in the ratings, that's what it's all about.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

KCPowercat wrote: Keitzman...as in Kevin Keitzman?  The guy who rode around like Barnes' lap dog during the arena?

I love to hear this...maybe his disaster that is the 810zone won't be making an appearance in the P&L district....that will have restaurants for people to walk to so they won't go to the plaza all the time...but why let facts stand in the way of acting like an ass?

If they would have tried to put Kauffman downtown, Keitzman would whine it's too far from parking and parking is too much.....but hey, he pulls in the ratings, that's what it's all about.
I think you missed his point in your character assassination.  But, granted, he does play up nearly anything for the ratings.

Anyone look a the front page of the Sports Section today?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

character assassination?  Not dramatic at all.

kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

I hadn't used a five-syllable word today yet.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: Wow, that's hilarious. A freakin' shuttle?!?!?!?
yes, they currently have them in pittsburgh taking people from the stadium to the hotels, since, there are less then 150 hotel rooms within walking distance of the stadium. across the river and a half mile over, is a large sheraton. the bulk of the rooms are on the other side of the city, near the convention center and arena, and are not really walkable unless you are in the mood for a LONG HAUL, therefore, they have shuttles here, i saw them last night at the home run derby.

grand party, kansas city will really enjoy this in a few years.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

Keitz can be called many things...

however, we need more individuals like Keitzman who care more about our CITY than the corrupt politicians who run it.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

skim82 wrote: however, we need more individuals like Keitzman who care more about our CITY than the corrupt politicians who run it.
Didn't Keitsman use the property he owns in KCMO to vote in the stadium renovations issue, even though he actually lives in Kansas?   :-k  I think I remember hearing something about that...
KC is the way to be!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

skim82 wrote: however, we need more individuals like Keitzman who care more about our CITY than the corrupt politicians who run it.
I agree we need more people with passion but in reality I'd guess KK doesn't care much about the city....his is more an inferiority complex he's trying to get satisfied on the backs of KCMO taxpayers.

kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

KCPowercat wrote: I agree we need more people with passion but in reality I'd guess KK doesn't care much about the city....his is more an inferiority complex he's trying to get satisfied on the backs of KCMO taxpayers.
I'm not trying to defend him--he does some lavish things for ratings--but on the backs of kcmo taxpayers?  Can you elaborate on that a bit more?
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

kcdcchef wrote: yes, they currently have them in pittsburgh taking people from the stadium to the hotels, since, there are less then 150 hotel rooms within walking distance of the stadium.
Seriously? yp.yahoo.com lists 12 hotels within a mile of PNC Park, and another six within 2 miles.

Just to clarify, I don't have a problem anymore with the K being where it is. That vote is over. My irritation is over the use of shuttles to get mass amounts of tourists in for the ASG to the TSC. If we're stuck with a sports complex in the middle of nowhere, it is incumbent to at least provide a mass transit system to connect that suburban destination area with downtown and other destination areas (Plaza, Crown Center, Westport)
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: Seriously? yp.yahoo.com lists 12 hotels within a mile of PNC Park, and another six within 2 miles.

that is probably accurate, just remember, the average person does not consider a mile walkable. i would guess the rennaisance and hilton are about a mile, but, again, sure, we city lovers consider that walkable, but conventioneers and tourists, do not.
KCPowercat wrote: I agree we need more people with passion but in reality I'd guess KK doesn't care much about the city....his is more an inferiority complex he's trying to get satisfied on the backs of KCMO taxpayers.
kietz is all about kietz. he does not give a damn about kcmo, sorry, he does not, he is all about his agenda. hey, dont get me wrong, i like his show, he just does not fool me, not one bit.

i say that about his agenda not based on the stadium vote, but based on his own actions. he is like me, he likes david glass the owner, and gets him on the air with some frequency, however, he also bashes him quite frequently too. what a dilema..............oh wait, it isn't. it gets ratings.

good show. good broadcaster. not someone who gives a shit about kcmo. he had his chance to be a visionary for dt kcmo when he did that crappy 810 zone, nothing stopped him from putting it dt, and his hairless ass sat there with the audacity to say dt kcmo was dead, every night, noone is EVER down there, why would i put my restaurant down there?

get a clue kietz.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

AllThingsKC wrote: Didn't Keitsman use the property he owns in KCMO to vote in the stadium renovations issue, even though he actually lives in Kansas?   :-k  I think I remember hearing something about that...
Not sure, but he believes in DT so much that he put his money down on a Western Auto Loft.  ( with 3 others), but still.
I think if Keitz, and other JoCo taxpayers had an opportunity to vote for a NEW DT ballpark, Keitz would still be in favor of it.  I know Keitz, he may seem a little cocky once in a while, but he is down to earth and humble. 

Let's not get started on that crap called BiStateII, that was a joke.... it was more like Katheryn Shields trying to satisfy her fat a## on the JoCo taxpayers. 

It was more about the location and the vision, if we had great leaders (either KS or MO) to step up, it would have passed in JoCo, then all the MO people could have stopped bit#hin all the time about JoCo peeps not stepping up.. blah, blah, blah....
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Even if he was disingenuous (which I don't believe, for the record) why would we complain about a high profile media person in this town championing downtown.  Don't we usually sit around and bitch about all of the media outlets in this town disingenuously tearing downtown down?  He has spent the better part of the last year challenging his audience's pre-conceived, negative opinions about downtown.  Personally I would like to see that happen at all of the media outlets in town, whether the motives are suspect or not. 
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

because (as chef stated) he rags on downtown too and when he had a chance to do something positive and invest his money or restaurant or company downtown, he balked and fled south.  Trying to flip a condo isn't really doing a great service downtown, is it?

Lip service doesn't do any good.

skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

trying to flip a condo says a lot about Keitz,  he put his money where his mouth is... let's face it, a healthy slice of the condo/loft market is being squeezed by JoCo/Lee's Summit,Northland money.

When has Keitz ever ragged on DT?

In the past 2 years, I do not recall Keitz or anyone at 810 ever dissing our urban core.

It's kind of ironic that a Overland Park based LOCAL company like Union Broadcasting is urging our leaders to do the right thing and build downtown...

Meanwhile, 610, with it's Entercom title is not getting any flab for championing renovations at the TSC.