Keitz and Barnes

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Keitz and Barnes

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: name anyone, besides me, that feels anything for kemper. there were those who did have feelings about kauffman, hence, the vote passing.
A Kemper vote could have passed had the same scare tactics been employed.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: A Kemper vote could have passed had the same scare tactics been employed.
nope. nothing to get scared over. the blades or the comets leaving? they both have, one of them several times. noone gives two shits. and noone had whimsical feelings for kemper.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

A Kemper vote could have passed had the same scare tactics been employed.
Save our Rodeo!
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

No one under 30 has many good memories of Kauffman either.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: No one under 30 has many good memories of Kauffman either.
so everyone who voted yes was 30 or over?

guess the 14 game winning streak of 1994 was a bad memory, or 3 rookies of the year, a cy young, and that magical season of 2003 were all bad memories too.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: 3 rookies of the year

Whatever happened to the Hammer?

kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

kcdcchef wrote: so everyone who voted yes was 30 or over?

guess the 14 game winning streak of 1994 was a bad memory, or 3 rookies of the year, a cy young, and that magical season of 2003 were all bad memories too.
The majority of older folks voted for the renovations.  I would venture that a larger portion of younger folks voted against it or didn't vote at all.

The Royals haven't been a contender for many years.  I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, but many folks my age (27) and younger simply don't remember the Royals being a great team.  I'm not saying they were terrible every year, but I've just never known them to be a good team.  We don't know what the Glory Days were like.  We'd like to see them...

But yeah, A LOT more folks voted yes who were over 30 then those who were under 30.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
velvetelvis
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by velvetelvis »

Kard wrote: The majority of older folks voted for the renovations.  I would venture that a larger portion of younger folks voted against it or didn't vote at all.

The Royals haven't been a contender for many years.  I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, but many folks my age (27) and younger simply don't remember the Royals being a great team.  I'm not saying they were terrible every year, but I've just never known them to be a good team.  We don't know what the Glory Days were like.  We'd like to see them...

But yeah, A LOT more folks voted yes who were over 30 then those who were under 30.
First: Keitz is a putz

I'm 28 and I remember the World Series...I remember hating Jack(ass) Clarke from the cardinals. I recently got in an argument with a St. Louis fan who was making fun of the Royals. I told him I-70 was the modern day trail of tears for cardinal’s fans. I also told him someone should cut the head off Ozzie Smiths statue and weld it to George Bretts Statues crouch. I hate the cards and st. louis.

I also have the entire 1985 team’s baseball cards.

I cried when Dick Howser died.

I was Jamie Quirk for Halloween in 1985...So yes... someone under 30 remembers 1985 clearly.

Last edited by velvetelvis on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
leaf
Pad site
Pad site

Post by leaf »

i played soccer at Kemper a lot as a kid.  i have fond memories of it....now tear it down.  i have fond memories of the K too....tear it down. 

anyway, i could care less about Kietzman and where he opens his sports bar.  it's not Kietzman's job to sell downtown or be neutral in the absurd MO/KS debate or politically oppose johnson county.  he isn't a politician, he is a sports talk show host...and he is probably more pro-downtown than 90% of his listeners. 

put the 810Zone in the P+L District.  or don't.  it would fit right in there, but if they don't open one downtown, so be it. 

there should be an 810Zone kiosk in the TSC parking lot. 
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

For whatever Kietz's shortcomings are, he's been 100% right about both the arena and the ballpark being DT.

you can dislike someone and agree with them on things.  come on.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Kard wrote: The majority of older folks voted for the renovations.  I would venture that a larger portion of younger folks voted against it or didn't vote at all.

I think you would be very surprised how age played little in the vote.  I have spoken with just as many older people in BS/LS that are for a downtown stadium as I have young people that live in the core that think the TSC is fine.

Also, you guys can bash me for disliking KK's way of doing business and that's fine, but if you don't think having a radio personality in another state constantly tell you how to run your county than you might rethink that.  KK's constant rantings about bringing the teams to the Kansas side did more damage than his ranting about a downtown stadium.  I guarantee it.

Still, we have the TSC, lets freaking at least try to build some sort of rail line along I-70 that could serve the complex and potentially assist in building up the entire 70 corridor instead of wishing we had a downtown stadium.  That is simply not going to happen.  Neither is rail really, especially since we don't need to get ready for the superbowl (I know it's stupid, but things like that get a city off its ass on issues like that), but it has a better chance of happening over the next 25 years than a downtown stadium does.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

Kard wrote: I think you missed his point in your character assassination. 
No.  He hit the nail right on the head. 
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

skim82 wrote: Not sure, but he believes in DT so much that he put his money down on a Western Auto Loft.  ( with 3 others), but still.
It was an extremely small amount.  He doesn't believe in it that much.  He waited until the downtown condo market was already booming before invested too.  It's not like he was rolling dice.  He was doing something for himself.  He doesn't live here and where is his sports bar?  Not here.  I'm not a dedicated Kietzman basher but crowning him as an all knowing champion for KC is far from being the truth.
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

Thrillcekr wrote: It was an extremely small amount.  He doesn't believe in it that much.  He waited until the downtown condo market was already booming before invested too.  It's not like he was rolling dice.  He was doing something for himself.  He doesn't live here and where is his sports bar?  Not here.  I'm not a dedicated Kietzman basher but crowning him as an all knowing champion for KC is far from being the truth.
I would have to disagree, the Western Auto Lofts were one of the first real "popular" and recognizable loft developments in the city.. I personally think that the DT condo/loft market is just at the beginning of being something great.  Besides, how many people in Blue Springs or Lee's Summit are willing to put their money into DT?  Just because he lives in Lenexa, it doesn't mean he's not pro-KCMO.

He grew up in the KC area, and attended SMN High School...  I truly believe that his heart is in the right place, and IT JUST WOULD'VE MADE SENSE to put a stadium DT.  Also, he wasn't championing a new Kauffman Stadium in JoCo, so why all the bitterness???  If anything, I think he was drumming up support for KANSAS CITY, regardless of which side of the state line he lives on. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Thrillcekr wrote: I'm not a dedicated Kietzman basher but crowning him as an all knowing champion for KC is far from being the truth.
Trust me, no one thinks Kietzman is an all knowing champion for KC.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

skim82 wrote: I would have to disagree, the Western Auto Lofts were one of the first real "popular" and recognizable loft developments in the city.. I personally think that the DT condo/loft market is just at the beginning of being something great.  Besides, how many people in Blue Springs or Lee's Summit are willing to put their money into DT?  Just because he lives in Lenexa, it doesn't mean he's not pro-KCMO.

He grew up in the KC area, and attended SMN High School...  I truly believe that his heart is in the right place, and IT JUST WOULD'VE MADE SENSE to put a stadium DT.  Also, he wasn't championing a new Kauffman Stadium in JoCo, so why all the bitterness???  If anything, I think he was drumming up support for KANSAS CITY, regardless of which side of the state line he lives on. 
No bitterness.  Just stating facts.  There are quite a few people from outside KCMO investing in downtown property.  I really can't believe you even asked that with all of the information pointing to that fact that's been posted on this forum. 

He didn't invest in that building because he was trying to contribute to anything downtown.  He was trying to contribute to his own bank account by making a wise investment in a booming market.