Minneapolis to get new baseball stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Minneapolis to get new baseball stadium

Post by im2kull »

So whats the deal with all the new stadiums not being cookie cutters, but having seats that are all squared up...aka...they dont all face 2nd base...

Seems to me there all still catching up to kauffman, still the only stadium with a large lower seating bowl and every seat in the house is a "perfect" seat...aka..they all are slanted perfectly to see 2nd base...

P.S.  I really love our sweeping seat aisles, most other stadiums blow when it comes to seat layouts...just look at the metrodome!
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
JJack_44
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by JJack_44 »

Michael® wrote: If Omaha builds a cool urban stadium & village I hope the major league Royals MOVE THERE.
YA! Like Omaha could have a major league team. Since I live in Omaha, I am just fine with the O Royals.

(its the same talent as the real royals)

HOLY CROSS FALCONS!!!

Yeah, thats right, I am 13
DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DowntownBryan »

dude did you really have to get the street sign signature?
JJack_44
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by JJack_44 »

I changed it.

HOLY CROSS FALCONS!!!

Yeah, thats right, I am 13
DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DowntownBryan »

haha jjack i was just messin with ya, you can change it back if ya like. we just have good taste in sig's thats all
Burton
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Burton »

im2kull wrote: So whats the deal with all the new stadiums not being cookie cutters, but having seats that are all squared up...aka...they dont all face 2nd base...

Seems to me there all still catching up to kauffman, still the only stadium with a large lower seating bowl and every seat in the house is a "perfect" seat...aka..they all are slanted perfectly to see 2nd base...

P.S.  I really love our sweeping seat aisles, most other stadiums blow when it comes to seat layouts...just look at the metrodome!
Ummm, these don't look like they're slanted perfectly towards 2nd base.

Yeah, Kauffman broke away from the cookie cutter designs, but it's seating bowl layout isn't revolutionary, it's no different than Yankee Stadium or even the old Metropolitan Stadium in Minnesota.  The only "unique" thing about it is how the upper deck tapers down from behind homeplate towards the lines.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

From ballparksofbaseball.com

"Note: The Fenway Park II webpage has been removed because it appears that the current owners of the Red Sox seem to be committed to improving and renovating Fenway Park instead of building a new ballpark."

Guess Boston is just as screwed as KC
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Burton wrote: Ummm, these don't look like they're slanted perfectly towards 2nd base.

Yeah, Kauffman broke away from the cookie cutter designs, but it's seating bowl layout isn't revolutionary, it's no different than Yankee Stadium or even the old Metropolitan Stadium in Minnesota.  The only "unique" thing about it is how the upper deck tapers down from behind homeplate towards the lines.
The original seats all did...

ballparksofbaseball.com
"Originally known as Royals Stadium, the ballpark debuted on April 10, 1973. The stadium was very colorful, with 40,793 seats, all facing second base and arranged in three tiers with maroon, gold, and orange seats. The stadium was the American League's first ballpark with Astroturf as the playing surface."
THINK (ONE) KC.
Burton
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Burton »

im2kull wrote: From ballparksofbaseball.com

"Note: The Fenway Park II webpage has been removed because it appears that the current owners of the Red Sox seem to be committed to improving and renovating Fenway Park instead of building a new ballpark."

Guess Boston is just as screwed as KC
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait, comparing Fenway to Kauffman is beyond laughable. And Fenway was correctly built in Boston's urban core, not in Foxboro or Mansfield.

And seeing how Boston's ownership has completely funded all of the ongoing renovations the past few years, I'm sure the people of Boston aren't going to be screwed into footing 90% of the renovations like we are.

You got any pics of Kauffman and it's vibrant surrounding neighborhood like this???

Notice the lack of a giant parking lagoon, yet people somehow find their way to Fenway and it's almost always sold out.

But I guess you're one of those typical Kansas Citians that would rather be able to pay 8 bucks to park and tailgate a few times a year while the stadium is 1/4 full and the team is the laughing stock of professional sports.
Last edited by Burton on Thu May 25, 2006 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Burton wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait, comparing Fenway to Kauffman is beyond laughable. And Fenway was correctly built in Boston's urban core, not in Foxboro or Mansfield.

And seeing how Boston's ownership has completely funded all of the ongoing renovations the past few years, I'm sure the people of Boston aren't going to be screwed into footing 90% of the renovations like we are.

You got any pics of Kauffman and it's vibrant surrounding neighborhood like this???

Notice the lack of a giant parking lagoon, yet people somehow find their way to Fenway and it's almost always sold out.

But I guess you're one of those typical Kansas Citians that would rather be able to pay 8 bucks to park and tailgate a few times a year while the stadium is 1/4 full and the team is the laughing stock of professional sports.
Well,
We are known for our BBQ.  Imagine the stadiums without tailgating.
THINK (ONE) KC.
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

^^^

Exactly!  'Cause there are absolutely NO food vendors or tailgaters on Yawkey Way or Landsdowne Street...which is obvious in the pictures you quoted... :roll:
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Here's what we're stuck with for another thirty years!  :D

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

im2kull wrote: Well,
We are known for our BBQ.  Imagine the stadiums without tailgating.
pretty easy for me. tailgating is great say at faurot field, and alright before a chiefs game in cool weather, but it is kind of depressing (for me) for a major league baseball team.

we seriously need to get over it, though. portland doesnt have any major league sports downtown, and hopefully we will at least have one. we will just have to try twice as hard now.
AF
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by AF »

im2kull wrote: The original seats all did...

ballparksofbaseball.com
"Originally known as Royals Stadium, the ballpark debuted on April 10, 1973. The stadium was very colorful, with 40,793 seats, all facing second base and arranged in three tiers with maroon, gold, and orange seats. The stadium was the American League's first ballpark with Astroturf as the playing surface."
I think ballparks of baseball is somewhat off. I believe the original chairs were orange and they were in the exact formation as the current chairs.
Burton
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Burton »

49r wrote: ^^^

Exactly!  'Cause there are absolutely NO food vendors or tailgaters on Yawkey Way or Landsdowne Street...which is obvious in the pictures you quoted... :roll:
You're right, but they're in a neighborhood setting where the streets are closed off. Not in the middle of a parking lagoon a mile and a half from the park.
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

Burton wrote: You're right, but they're in a neighborhood setting where the streets are closed off. Not in the middle of a parking lagoon a mile and a half from the park.
Sorry, I think my sarcasm was misread a little bit.  Obviously, you don't need SQUARE MILES of open asphalt to have a vibrant, active pre- and post-game activity around a baseball stadium.  Nice thing about Landsdowne and Yawkey (and Brookline, and Boylston, and Comm Ave, and Beacon Street, for that matter) is that people can go down there and do stuff on the days the ballpark is dark, too.
Burton
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Burton »

49r wrote: Sorry, I think my sarcasm was misread a little bit.  Obviously, you don't need SQUARE MILES of open asphalt to have a vibrant, active pre- and post-game activity around a baseball stadium.  Nice thing about Landsdowne and Yawkey (and Brookline, and Boylston, and Comm Ave, and Beacon Street, for that matter) is that people can go down there and do stuff on the days the ballpark is dark, too.
Yeah, my fault I didn't know you were being sarcastic.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Last edited by Deleted User on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Michael® wrote: chef ONLY YOU would be stupid enough to dare to compare Fenway and Kaufman.
Logic is nowhere within you. What an idiot.
Try again...

If we want to do the name game, then your probably Chef too!
THINK (ONE) KC.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

So, then you don't rescind your comparison of Kaufman and Fenway?