Kansas City Sports Officials Turn Attention to Rolling Roof

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Kansas City Sports Officials Turn Attention to Rolling Roof

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

^^^
Just for the stadium rehabs, not the roof.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: ^^^
Please stop.  Don't peddle their nonsense.

We all know damn well we'd have had endless votes.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: ^^^
in one way shape or form of another, that roof concept will return. there is too much at stake for kc to forget it. final four and a superbowl, that would be impressive.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Long wrote: I have no doubt they will come up with yet another clever yet misleading marketing ploy to manipulate the voters.
I was figuring they might try and package the roof with some other project(s) the second time around - more money for the PAC maybe?- money for the zoo?  Something along those lines. 
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I was figuring they might try and package the roof with some other project(s) the second time around - more money for the PAC maybe?- money for the zoo?  Something along those lines. 
It will be piggy-backed with the sewer project.

"Vote for the roof!  Keep the sewers!"
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

The dead horse is twitching!!  What we should have done is the Use Tax and a lower/shorter sales tax for just the renovations.  Now the Chamber is against the use tax--the tax on busineses.  Makes sense for them to be against that, now.

From today's Editorial section...
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 532357.htm

Posted on Tue, May. 09, 2006

Chiefs’ inflexibility threatens roof plan

A proposed rolling roof would shelter Arrowhead Stadium and would allow the Super Bowl to be played there in 2015.

The quest for a rolling roof at the Truman Sports Complex has hit another roadblock.

Unless the Kansas City Chiefs offer to pay more for the $202 million roof, the project probably won’t be on the Aug. 8 ballot. In turn, that unfortunately could kill Kansas City’s bid to play host to the Super Bowl in 2015.

On Monday, 19 members of the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce’s executive committee unanimously agreed to oppose placing another roof plan on the Aug. 8 ballot — if the proposal would be the same one voters rejected on April 4.

Jack Steadman, vice chairman of the Chiefs, confirmed Monday that “time is running shortâ€
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

I think i'm going to change my view...

I'm Pro-Rolling Roof, but I'm going to oppose the teams if they refuse to pay more. The Chamber of Commerce issued their statement, this is more of a compromise. They would support it if the teams paid more. How hard is that to agree to? Chiefs would pay 30 mil in the old plan, the Royals would pay nothing... Threaten the Royals, if they refuse to pay an equal amount for the roof as the Chiefs, refuse to approve any further renovations in the next 40 years. Tell the Chiefs you'd approve it if they would contribute 10-50 million more.

Do something, this time, it's on the team's hands. If they refuse to compromise, it is their fault we lost our Super Bowl chance.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

This is so god-damned funny.  The idiots in JackO really believed Hunt want to "give this city a Super Bowl".

BWAHAHASHAHAHAH!  He wanted you to pour gazillions into his stadium, that's what he wanted.  And he got it.  Too damn obvious.  (To anyone with a brain)
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KCDevin wrote: Threaten the Royals, if they refuse to pay an equal amount for the roof as the Chiefs, refuse to approve any further renovations in the next 40 years.
Um.....why would they care?  They just got their 225M handout.

Do you think threats are effective NOW? 

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

The Royals should absolutely not pay as much as the Chiefs for the roof. The Royals get basically little to no economic benefit from it - 2-3 rainouts a year? Maybe a bit greater attendance on gloomy days? That's it.

The Chiefs get a friggin Super Bowl and Final Four in their stadium, and the parking and concessions associated. Let those bastards pay for it.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

The Royals suck and IMO, shouldn't even be in KC, I'd rather have NBA or NHL in Downtown. The Royals should be punished for sucking so much. (IE, Glass and others should be punished, not the players)
I particularly don't like losers. For the past years, i've elected nearly every Royals player to go to the All-Star Game, (every "good" one)... This year I didn't vote for any. I no longer have any real love left for the Royals.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

KCDevin wrote: The Royals suck and IMO, shouldn't even be in KC, I'd rather have NBA or NHL in Downtown. The Royals should be punished for sucking so much. (IE, Glass and others should be punished, not the players)
I particularly don't like losers. For the past years, i've elected nearly every Royals player to go to the All-Star Game, (every "good" one)... This year I didn't vote for any. I no longer have any real love left for the Royals.
And yet you were cowed into supporting question one? What you just said was inconsistent with a yes vote.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

bahua, I supported question one because of the chiefs, not the royals. The chiefs deserve a rehabbed stadium, the royals didn't. I said as much before the vote.

I also supported question one because the chiefs do not belong in johnson county.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Well, however fractional your support is/was, support for a yes vote was a yes to both teams. You can say all you want, but you still supported the Royals in your decision.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

I didn't directly support them. Voting no would have caused the Chiefs to move their team (most likely) to Johnson County, this should NEVER EVER be allowed to happen. Also, isn't someone allowed to change their opinion even slightly?

The only way I'm ever going to support the Royals is if they get rid of several of their current players, including the worst and the oldest, and cough up more money for better players, maybe not superstars, but great baseball players anyway.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

bahua wrote: Well, however fractional your support is/was, support for a yes vote was a yes to both teams. You can say all you want, but you still supported the Royals in your decision.
Exactly.

kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA!?
midtown guy
New York Life
New York Life

Post by midtown guy »

I do think it's ironic, or strange, or something, that the Star was SOOOO in favor of Question 2, and now, completely against it coming back on the ballot.  As if now that the teams are no longer a threat to leave, they can speak out about what a stupid plan it is...
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Yea, and I'm not hearing about what a huge economic impact the Super Bowl and Final Four is anymore. That's odd. All of the supporters for Question 1 suddenly don't give a crap about Question 2, even though they used the impact of these events to support Question 1 before.

I mean, c'mon, the roof practically pays for itself, right?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag