BURY THE HATCHET!

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: BURY THE HATCHET!

Post by voltopt »

i mean, the TSC is roughly as far away from the downtown loop as 55th street in Brookside - and its equidistant between the plaza and downtown.

if only there was a north south rail line on main or troost or wherever, and then an east west line down 31st or linwood that could go on to raytown and independence after passing the stadiums, thereby connecting JACO with TSC in the center.
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

How about a NS line from DT Indy, down sterling to Blue Ridge, all the way out to Hickman. with a couple of cross connections at truman, 31st, 63rd, and 87th that tie into the current Max line.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Does the Rock Island line still have tracks on it?  Where does it hit the KCMO City Limits?
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

staubio wrote: Does the Rock Island line still have tracks on it?  Where does it hit the KCMO City Limits?
Tracks are still there all the way to 59th (Where Raytown took out a dilapidated bridge) but they are in bad shape after 25 years. But the grade, right-of-way and base are the expensive parts. Tracks are cheep, relatively speaking. Hits KCMO at the Raytown border (55th)
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

shinatoo wrote: Tracks are still there all the way to 59th (Where Raytown took out a dilapidated bridge) but they are in bad shape after 25 years. But the grade, right-of-way and base are the expensive parts. Tracks are cheep, relatively speaking. Hits KCMO at the Raytown border (55th)
If I am not mistaken, this line runs from Lee's Summit, right past the doorstep of Arrowhead all the way down to the River Market area.  No need for a bus.  It would make a great commuter rail line.
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

correcto mundo (to quote the latin). But I would rather see light rail than commuter heavy. And I think MAx type busses are better because they could get on to the city streets. Mo flexable.