Official: April 2006 election results thread

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Official: April 2006 election results thread

Post by lock+load »

loft_dweller wrote: Congratulations KC, you are on the brink of voting yourselves into permanent second city status.
You are right on this.  I am embarrassed to be a Jackson County citizen, that is for sure.  While everyone else moves forward, we stand still.  In 25 years this will be looked upon as a turning point, and not a good one.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: You are right on this.  I am embarrassed to be a Jackson County citizen, that is for sure.  While everyone else moves forward, we stand still.  In 25 years this will be looked upon as a turning point, and not a good one.
how about that downtown stadium??? do not have to hear about that for 25 years or so. THANK GOD.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

kcdcchef wrote: how about that downtown stadium??? do not have to hear about that for 25 years or so. THANK GOD.
What a shame.

KC settles and sends message to the owners in the process encouraging them to continue making the public pay for their own businesses' expenses.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Count me as doubly disappointed. I was against Question 1, but if we were going to pass Question 1, then I wanted Question 2 to pass too. Instead, we get no downtown stadium, no Super Bowl, no Final Four, no roof. Great.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

there will be a question 2a....lamar isn't going to let a super bowl chance go by this easily.

in 25 years will StL and KC be building new stadiums?  Seems to be the life of a stadium....so I guess if that's the case, we've saved a little cash this round.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

kcdcchef wrote: how about that downtown stadium??? do not have to hear about that for 25 years or so. THANK GOD.
"You get the government you deserve."  -Adlai Stevenson
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

Well look at the bright side. The taxpayers just bailed out the Jackson County Sports "Authority" from going into default.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I think we should move downtown to the TSC.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

downtown will be fine.....I'll still take that 7 minute drive east to watch the worst team in baseball....I'd rather have a downtown park but honestly, I have no issues with Kauffman so let's see what we're getting for our renvoations and now I don't have to hear about this every second on the radio.

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Do you think there will be any efforts to develop the area around TSC at all? I know it would be difficult if not impossible. Would it be worth it or should we just focus on existing development without stretching ourselves out too thin? I just find the area around the TSC to be depressing.

Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

What we really need

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

drop an ikea there and stuff will follow.  I do hope they work in some businesses around the complex.

Believe me, after having to leave opening day yesterday to go to the bathroom, I'm happy :)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

... you CLASSLESS moron

do you realize how sickening and pathetic you are? You're on a forum where the posters love downtown and the urban part of KC and you have been nothing but a stupid dip** about this issue since it came up. It's bad enough that the retards that run this city want to keep it backward and decentralized, we have to have a dip*** like you come in here on our forum dedicated to downtown and the core and act like a fool.

Just watching the half dead idiots that came up to the podium to congratulate themselves for ripping Jackson Cty off. Katherine Shields - the morbid cow, then David Glass, stumbling, fumbling all over himself and then Finally Lamar Hunt talking about how they've been working on this for 15 years.... sick. These people are at least 20 years on the other side of even being articulate or bright and they are the creators and leaders of this catastrophe. Welcome to 1970 Kansas City.... everything's UP to date!

Downtown will never reach it's potential and KC will never, ever be a world class city in my lifetime.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

I agree.  It's over.  No use B&M about it anymore.

The fellas on 810 had it right, though, when they commented that the Royals have NO EXCUSE for not giving it's fans nearly immediate improved results on the field.

50M/yr in Profit sharing from MLB
New and improved Kauffman Stadium - with virtually no money out of pocket

Now it's time to PONY UP whatever it takes to get a winner in KC.  Better front office.  Create Central American scouting plans.  Sign the Dye's, Damon's, etc.  Buy a legit #1 starter.  Reanalyze the minor league system that has produced NO legit, difference making SPs in 15 years.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

This city is a great city no matter where the baseball is played.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

lock&load wrote: You are right on this.  I am embarrassed to be a Jackson County citizen, that is for sure.  While everyone else moves forward, we stand still.  In 25 years this will be looked upon as a turning point, and not a good one.
Thank you
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Amen STL Dan. No more excuses. We gave you your precious stadium renovations, now give us a winner.

voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

well, somebody loan me 2 billion dollars and i will make this happen - it will reorient the city to the southeast - increasing the denisty, population, connectivity.  there is no reason we can't connect downtown through 18th and vine down linwood to the sports complex and back to the plaza.  it could become very nice if someone wants to throw money my way...  truly a world class city!

"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCPowercat wrote: lamar isn't going to let a super bowl chance go by this easily.
Ok, when you read this, remember 2 things:  1. I have always tried to stay positive about things and I don't want anyone upset over the outcome of the vote.  2. This is just my 2 cents.

My fellow Downtowners....do not be disappointed about this vote!!!   I believe JaCo voters did the smart thing, by passing 1, and failing 2.  Here's why:

Even though the owners never said the teams were leaving, they DID say that they didn't want to go downtown.  So, I thought that a DT ballpark was highly unlikely anyway (even though that was what I wanted).

Now, Lamar Hunt is "stuck" in Kansas City...with no Super Bowl.  I am sure that he will find another way of either getting the roof for a Super Bowl...or just getting a Super Bowl.  This is not the last we have heard from either one.  So, be looking for the new "plan" later on...

We can still get the All Star Game, since that didn't need the roof to pass.

So, the Jackson County voters just made it cheaper on the taxpayers by NOT passing 2...and at the same time they kept the teams in KC.  (Maybe not in the location in KC where we wanted them...but they're still in KC).  So, I don't think the JaCo voters did too bad.

Oh, and for you DT people.....we still have $4b in development going on WITHOUT a ballpark, and we still have our Arena.  Does it suck that we have to settle for that?  Yes!!  But, I do not think the city is doing too badly.
KC is the way to be!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

anybody who thinks this vote hurts downtown needs to open their eyes a little wider....downtown is rocking.