Official: April 2006 election results thread

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Official: April 2006 election results thread

Post by lock+load »

Who knows.  I just don't imagine they'll last.  Too many better opportunities for baseball in other cities. 
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

StL_Dan wrote: Where are the Blues going?  And when? 

This oughta be good.
The last I heard was a bunch of talk of the new owner wanting to move the blues...but that was awhile back, who knows...
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

Ever wake up after a bender and wanted to chew off your arm rather than wake the person next to you?

Jackson County is going to have that same urge tomorrow, and the next, and the next.......

If you think that this decision won't come back to haunt KC sometime in the next 25 years, I sure the hell hope you're right
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCPowercat wrote: anybody who thinks this vote hurts downtown needs to open their eyes a little wider....downtown is rocking.
thank you. 3 straight trips to kansas city over the last 2 months, and every time i drive through the cbd on my way to my hotel, i lose count of how many things i am seeing for the first time. the cbd is ROCKING OUT, count on that.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Cyclops »

lock&load wrote: Who knows.  I just don't imagine they'll last.  Too many better opportunities for baseball in other cities. 
There is plenty of opportunity here. You put a decent team on the field and the KC area will respond. Keep in mind  that for years the Royals were a 'model' MLB franchise. As was mentioned earlier it's time for Glass to spend some of his money and give us a team. We drew great crowds back in the 70's and early 80's.

I really was hoping that a downtown stadium would eventually happen. One of the things I always hated about Royals Stadium / the K was that there was nothing to look at outside the stadium but I-70 and that building.... Especially on the very rare occasions when we are on national TV. The skyline woulda been cool. But... time to move on.

And time for the dude from St Louis to move on. (Loft Dweller) Must be a boring night back there if you have to come on to a website about KC and talk some trash. Do you really have that much fun being a loser?

You should go look at those great pics GRID shot of your city and call it a night.
the only thing for sure is change.
loft_dweller
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by loft_dweller »

Cyclops wrote:call it a night.
You're right.  I will take my leave into the night.  But remember.....whenever KC does something foolish....loft_dweller shall return!
Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Cyclops »

wooooh can't wait... 
the only thing for sure is change.
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

Lamar Hunt put in 17%
David Glass put in 7% 

-Jaco residents put in over 73%

Enough said, hey, if JaCo residents want to pay for it... then i guess i can't complain.  It does suck that DT baseball will not be something we can look forward to for... well, longer than i've been alive. 

one last shot, (final shot) i promise.
I THINK LAMAR HUNT AND DAVID GLASS ARE CHEAP AS HELL...  HELLA CHEAP...     
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

skim82 wrote: I THINK LAMAR HUNT AND DAVID GLASS ARE CHEAP AS HELL...  HELLA CHEAP...     
They're only as cheap as we make them. They don't have to lift a finger. They have a fat situation: a host city that will destroy itself for them.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

skim82 wrote:
Lamar Hunt put in 17%
David Glass put in 7% 

at least redo your numbers if the bitterness will drive you to keep hating. glass is putting in 25m. the renovations cost 225m on the k. seems to me that 25m out of 225m is more like 11%.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

skim82 wrote:
Lamar Hunt put in 17%
David Glass put in 7% 

-Jaco residents put in over 73%

Enough said, hey, if JaCo residents want to pay for it... then i guess i can't complain.  It does suck that DT baseball will not be something we can look forward to for... well, longer than i've been alive. 

one last shot, (final shot) i promise.
I THINK LAMAR HUNT AND DAVID GLASS ARE CHEAP AS HELL...  HELLA CHEAP...     
And how much did you put in?

Do you even realize that they put in millions, thats millions between 2 people.  Jackson co. taxpayers will be putting in what...74 bucks per household.  Im not arguing with that.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

im2kull wrote: The last I heard was a bunch of talk of the new owner wanting to move the blues...but that was awhile back, who knows...
Sorry for taking this thread further off course from it's original intent....

I believe the Blues will be in StL for at least the next 10 years per specifications written into the details of the sale.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

im2kull wrote: And how much did you put in?

Do you even realize that they put in millions, thats millions between 2 people.  Jackson co. taxpayers will be putting in what...74 bucks per household.  Im not arguing with that.
kcdcchef wrote: at least redo your numbers if the bitterness will drive you to keep hating. glass is putting in 25m. the renovations cost 225m on the k. seems to me that 25m out of 225m is more like 11%.
Exactly my point... you defend owners that don't even make KC their home, and don't even try to fight for a better deal... i guess i shouldn't expect much more..
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

skim82 wrote: Exactly my point... you defend owners that don't even make KC their home, and don't even try to fight for a better deal... i guess i shouldn't expect much more..
no, they do not make kc their home, that is true. however, they sure as hell brought professional sports to kc. without hunt, kc may have never had football. and without glass, the royals may have been the team to move to dc. quit martyring people who have done a lot for kc based on their address and wealth.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

We should also praise Sprint, Quintiles, and Applebee's for keeping their businesses in the Kansas City area, rather than moving outside the area. Hooray!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: We should also praise Sprint, Quintiles, and Applebee's for keeping their businesses in the Kansas City area, rather than moving outside the area. Hooray!
i agree. but there are not millions of people hanging out on the sprint campus on sunday afternoons for fun. they are however going to the tsc to watch games, or, watch them at home.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: i agree. but there are not millions of people hanging out on the sprint campus on sunday afternoons for fun. they are however going to the tsc to watch games, or, watch them at home.
No, the people on the Sprint Campus actually generate revenue for their company.  Their paychecks are then spent throughout the local economy.

The teams sell beer and hotdogs and tickets, the revenue of which goes where?  Dallas and Bentonville.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: No, the people on the Sprint Campus actually generate revenue for their company.  Their paychecks are then spent throughout the local economy.

The teams sell beer and hotdogs and tickets, the revenue of which goes where?  Dallas and Bentonville.
those teams pump millions into the local economy and we all know it.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: those teams pump millions into the local economy and we all know it.
Compared to Sprint?  Get real.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: Compared to Sprint?  Get real.
53-47
Image[br] Yes, we're all aware of the result. Seeing as it's been published in a number of places, the only reason I can think of for you to keep posting it is to antagonize other forumers, and that won't be tolerated.